PMC Tech support ???

FreezerFreezer Senior MemberPosts: 1,487 Senior Member
edited July 2018 in General Firearms #1
I found a good deal on three boxes of PMC XP193  55gr. FMJ/BT. I wasn't thinking about it too much when I bought it but realized later it would have a higher operating pressure than standard .223. I intend to use it in my Contender so I decided to call PMC Tech support. I listened to their automated menu and found the only option was the "operator". I asked for tech support and the operator said I can help you. At first I thought cool they trained them all, wrong! This guy didn't understand pressure at all, not CUP or PSI. He couldn't find the information on his computer. Then he asked me for my email so could understand what I was asking and he would contact the manufacturer:  I though PMC was the manufacturer. I've tried to find the info on the web with no success.   Really :/ 

I've had trouble with PMC ammo in the past and have avoided it since. Burned twice . never again!

What do you think? Is it OK in a Contender? My thought is it should be fine but without knowing the operating pressure I have some reservations.
I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,982 Senior Member
    I dunno if it applies to 5.56 in a .223, but there are loads in manuals for Ruger/TC only.

You may get what 5000 psi more firing a 5.56 in a .223 chambered rifle..........depends on how the chamber is cut.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,982 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,487 Senior Member
    Thank you, that helps. I'll shoot it. Still no response from the well educated operator.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink: