Haven't fired a shot

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,274 Senior Member
edited July 2018 in General Firearms #1
In at least 2 months.  Between my mom, work and the heat just haven't been motivated enough.  Life gets in the way.  That ends tomorrow morning.  Finished up reloading 400 rounds of 9mm for the PCC, Ruger 22/45 is clean and has a new SJC comp on it.  Range bags are packed.  Supposed to be a nice day, hot but not so humid.  Hopefully after the match I can test some loads on my AR and zero new scope, maybe even plink a little.  First match with it is in 2 or 3 weeks.  We have a couple of tier 2 state matches coming up, need trigger time.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    Sounds good :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,600 Senior Member
    Enjoy. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,657 Senior Member
    Have fun, hope the weather holds for you
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,386 Senior Member
    Have a good day shooting,
    Sad to say I haven't shot anything in months and all I have to do is step outside.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Just broke a 6 month dry spell myself.  Looking forward to more trigger time Monday!
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,496 Senior Member
    My dry spell is coming to an end. I went out a couple weeks ago to tune up my PA 63 and last weekend to help my nephew tune up some of his weapons. I may go out tomorrow just for giggles. 

Keep'en in the 10 ring and enjoy. :)
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,481 Senior Member
    Sounds like fun
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member
    Just returned from the local indoor range,basically pretty happy with results, MOBG is ok by me. What I'm noticing is the mix of folks coming to shoot,Families, old and young,perhaps 50 or more just using the pistol ranges,probably another 10 or so on the 100 yard range.This is a very nice range and weekends are busy, I hope they are profitable and stay open. I do my part $$

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,375 Senior Member
    Whenever I get lazy about shooting, I just pack a couple of .22s and grab a couple of sticks of 100 and go to the range. Minimalist and oh...so fun.

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,657 Senior Member
    Until this morning I had not shot since the shoot in May.  It was raining today, so no outdoor work and the indoor range was not so hot. Shot my carry gun and nightstand  gun.  100 rounds each. 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5