Texas better wake up

104RFAST104RFAST Senior MemberPosts: 1,262 Senior Member

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,662 Senior Member
    Seems to be no end to the crazy waste of time & money politicians will spend to make the news. How do they think as a country we can grow when every day there are attempts to shame us about the past or tell us that crazy is the way we all have to think ?
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,668 Senior Member
    That has zero chance of happening. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,821 Senior Member
    Democrats and ISIS; same goals, same methods, same end game.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,271 Senior Member
    It's Austin- - - - -what does anybody expect?
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,821 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #6
    Just about ANY state capitol you care to name is a majority Democrat stronghold. The reason for this is not really obvious, though. Folks that are Democrats seem to gravitate to the power center to get the free stuff and squawk for more free stuff at every opportunity. They eventually reach critical voting mass, and take over the county where the state legislature is situated by keeping any Republican from elected office. Sort of akin to parasites infecting the body politic and infecting it beyond redemption. Look at Washington, D.C. for the model.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #7
    This PC/feel good crap gets more ridiculous every day.

I say tough teatty.............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,118 Senior Member
    "Cesar Chavez Street"...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,585 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #9
    From the comments in the article:

sickofpc 1 day ago

Just another great example of Austin's liberal, left wing loonies. How sad that Austin is supposed to represent TEXAS. It no longer represents anything except it"s own idiocy. The once great city of Austin has become a sad joke that is really beginning to make a lot of Texans very upset and angry that a city that was once so idolized has become the example of what left wingers can do when given free rein. What a shame. Austin now goes beyond being sad...and just plain ridiculous. If only we could move our capital city. ..Left wingers had better hope that idea is never put to a vote in Texas now.

Not a bad idea for the rest of Texas. If they change the name of Austin, move the capital and rename it Austin.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #10
    Self edited.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!