This is wrong just wrong.

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 5,725 Senior Member
So North Korea has agreed to repatriate the remains of soldiers that had died during the Korean War. Great they deserve to be brought home. What I’m posted about is they covered the caskets with UN flags! I get they were fighting under the UN umbrella but this is horse ship! Those are US service men. 😡🤬

Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    They don't know for sure if the remains are American...there were British,Canadians, Australians, Turks and others fighting on the United Nations side in the war...they have to be identified before they can be honored properly...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,725 Senior Member
    Ok I can get behind that.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,232 Senior Member
    I think I recall reading about the forensic facility in Hawaii. IIRC, there's no better place anywhere to properly ID the remains.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    Another issue is that the boxes could contain commingled remains....
    Out of all those boxes there was a single dogtag...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #6
    I think Hawaii was a staging area for remains as far back as WWII. There's a cemetary there for those killed in the Pacific in WWII.
    My uncle who was on the Bataan Death March and died in a Japanese prison camp wasn't buried there. His remains or what they believed to be his remains, were shipped home to Abilene Texas and buried there at some point after the war. However, they didn't have DNA testing then so it's a guess of they were his.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.