Thinking about this, any opinions? (good or bad)... Armsor TAC Ultra 45 ACP

GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
Brooklyn Johnny
Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
6/67 ~ 6/68


«1

Replies

  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Looking for some options ...Thanks.
    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,049 Senior Member
    Armscor makes 1911s for Rock Island....and I haven't heard much in the way of complaints from anyone who owns one. My RI 1911, while a little on the heavy side, has been a solid performer...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    I have a RI full sized 10mm.
    Only complaints I had were easy fixes... I didn't like the grips or flat MSH that came on it, so I swapped them (personal preference)

    The other is the fact that, for some unknown reason, they told me it came with an 18# recoil spring, which, IMO, is too light for full house 10mm ammo. (Again, personal preference)

    Their FLGR set up required a commander length 22 or 24#, (I forget which, I THINK 22#) a Gov't model spring wouldn't fit.

    Mine's been accurate and reliable, and I have no qualms recommending them. They're not as "pretty" as some of the other brands out there, finish wise, but they WORK

    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    Oh, and welcome
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,679 Senior Member
    I've been looking at that very same pistol for a while and after a good bit of research, I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting one to add to my assortment of 1911's. They're forged and appear to be well made and a great value, what more can you ask for?

    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,657 Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,679 Senior Member
    Yeah, I forgot, welcome to the forum.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,481 Senior Member
    Welcome!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,481 Senior Member
    And a good looking pistol!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,650 Senior Member
    It's a .45.

    It has good sights.

    ARMSCO/Rock Island guns have a reputation for reliability.

    It's cheaper than other, prettier 1911 styles.

    It's a .45.

    I would buy it if the fit and finish were OK and the price was within a reasonable range.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Welcome to the gun nut asylum.

    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Armscor makes 1911s for Rock Island....and I haven't heard much in the way of complaints from anyone who owns one. My RI 1911, while a little on the heavy side, has been a solid performer...
    ……………..………..
    I read nothing but good things so far. Only the weight, as you said.
    Thanks for your reply.

    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    knitepoet said:
    I have a RI full sized 10mm.
    Only complaints I had were easy fixes... I didn't like the grips or flat MSH that came on it, so I swapped them (personal preference)

    The other is the fact that, for some unknown reason, they told me it came with an 18# recoil spring, which, IMO, is too light for full house 10mm ammo. (Again, personal preference)

    Their FLGR set up required a commander length 22 or 24#, (I forget which, I THINK 22#) a Gov't model spring wouldn't fit.

    Mine's been accurate and reliable, and I have no qualms recommending them. They're not as "pretty" as some of the other brands out there, finish wise, but they WORK

    ……………………………………………..

    I'll try those grips, but will change them if I don't like them. It has a light trigger pull about 5.5 lbs, which I like.

    Thanks for your input.



    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    knitepoet said:
    Oh, and welcome

    Thanks for your welcome.
    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    I've been looking at that very same pistol for a while and after a good bit of research, I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting one to add to my assortment of 1911's. They're forged and appear to be well made and a great value, what more can you ask for?


    I 100% agree with you. Thanks for your reply.
    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    bellcat said:
    Welcome!

    Thanks for your welcome, nice to meet you too.
    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Gunt said:
    Looking for some options ...Thanks.
    I don’t own a Philippines made 1911 yet but I have heard nothing but great things about them and the examples I’ve shot have been excellent, specially considering the price point.  I think they had some QC issues years ago but they have more than made up for them.  I’d buy that gun in a minute.

    Welcome!

    Wambli Ska said:
    Gunt said:
    Looking for some options ...Thanks.
    I don’t own a Philippines made 1911 yet but I have heard nothing but great things about them and the examples I’ve shot have been excellent, specially considering the price point.  I think they had some QC issues years ago but they have more than made up for them.  I’d buy that gun in a minute.

    Welcome!
    I read about 30 years ago they move to the states (Colorado) near my ex-wife lol. The price range I got was from a high $700 to a low of $ 475. 
    Thanks for your reply and welcome.


    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    bisley said:
    It's a .45.

    It has good sights.

    ARMSCO/Rock Island guns have a reputation for reliability.

    It's cheaper than other, prettier 1911 styles.

    It's a .45.

    I would buy it if the fit and finish were OK and the price was within a reasonable range.

    Yes, I liked the sights too, with two different colors (great idea) I can live with the reast.

    Thanks for your input.
    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Diver43 said:
    Welcome to the forum.
    ……………..……
    Thanks for the welcome.

    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Big Chief said:
    Welcome to the gun nut asylum.

    ………………………..
    Sometimes you feel like a nut...
    Thanks for the welcome.

    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for the input, and nice meeting you all.

    I'll have many more questions, and I know this is the place to ask them.

    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,650 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.
  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks Bisley, nice to be here.
    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member

    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    knitepoet said:

    ……………..……..
    Too much of a recoil for me, thanks anyway.

    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    Just thought I'd show you my first range trip with it
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Cool, thanks pal.
    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    Quite welcome
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,274 Senior Member
    I have a 10mm similar to Pauls.  I don't have the large lettering on the side, just a small logo at the rear of the slide.  I like those grips myself.  Gives good purchase.  Mine has been very reliable with nothing but reloads shot in it.  Not as accurate as my ruger .45 but that could be me cause well, 10mm.  Welcome aboard.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • GuntGunt Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks BAMAAK 
    Brooklyn Johnny
    Delta Co. 1/22Inf. 4th Inf. Div.
    6/67 ~ 6/68


Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.