New Sunday Go to Meeting Gun

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 20,564 Senior Member
Already had a couple AR Pistols. But, I wanted a more streamlined and lightweight 7.5” Pistol. 

So, I got an upper from Daniel Defense, a Nickel Boron BCG from Brownells, and a charging handle off my spares shelf. 

Attached it to the lower holding my 11.5” AR Pistol and made them a long/short pair. 

Took it to the range and zeroed it at 50yrds with an Aimpoint Comp M4. 

Overall, I’m pleased. It do what it ‘sposed to do.  Should be a good discrete carry / travel gun. 

On a side not, I recently got a Caldwell brass catcher and couldn’t be more pleased. Bears heck out of picking up brass!!

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,228 Senior Member
    Might fit in a clarinet case?🎺
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Darn You, I have been thinking about another, and now I know I want one.
    Darn good travel gun
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,717 Senior Member
    What is the thingy on the rail for your forward hand to stay clear of the muzzle? What do you have on the end of the muzzle? I am getting close to fiddling with another lower.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,656 Senior Member
    I'll once again suggest a tennis racket case.
    Pocket for spare mags, no one will think a thing about seeing you carry it into a hotel lobby, or putting it in your vehicle
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    I ike it...like your brass catcher too!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,825 Senior Member
    That's cute.... intimidating, but cute...nice job....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #8
    CHIRO1989 said:
    What is the thingy on the rail for your forward hand to stay clear of the muzzle? What do you have on the end of the muzzle? I am getting close to fiddling with another lower.
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/grip-parts/foregrips/keymod-finger-stop-aluminum-black-sku100016551-74640-158737.aspx

I use it as a finger grip by wrapping my support hand middle finger around it while gripping the Forend. 

The barrel is 7.5” and the Forend is 9”. So, the Muzzle has what DD calls a “Flash Forwarder”. Basically, a can with the bottom cut out to project the blast forward of the Forend. 
    Zee said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/grip-parts/foregrips/keymod-finger-stop-aluminum-black-sku100016551-74640-158737.aspx

I use it as a finger grip by wrapping my support hand middle finger around it while gripping the Forend. 

The barrel is 7.5” and the Forend is 9”. So, the Muzzle has what DD calls a “Flash Forwarder”. Basically, a can with the bottom cut out to project the blast forward of the Forend. 
    Do you prefer it to the Magpul angled foregrip? So no flame cutting to your forend? Can you put a cheek riser on that brace without running afoul of the BATFE? Does the flash forwarder work as good as a Levang compensator?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:

Do you prefer it to the Magpul angled foregrip? So no flame cutting to your forend? Can you put a cheek riser on that brace without running afoul of the BATFE? Does the flash forwarder work as good as a Levang compensator?
    Yes. 
    No. 
    No. 
    Neither control Muzzle rise. 
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,976 Senior Member
    You go to a Drive-in Church, I've seen a couple where cars pull up to speakers on a stand like the Drive-ins and folks stay in their cars ..........could have anything handy at arms reach there.  
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Zee said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Yes. 
    No. 
    No. 
    Neither control Muzzle rise. 
    Good to know, thanks. I like the way my Levang redirects muzzle blast and sound.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    Excellent work.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    With the Levang no longer available, the AR Stoner linear brake is a good replacement
    I have one on an AR and it works well.

Z thanks for reminding me that I have a Arisaka finger stop in my Amazon basket
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    Nice build.  I wonder how a linear comp would work on that?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    I have a Linear on my 10.5" and it works well
    Big Chief said:
    You go to a Drive-in Church, I've seen a couple where cars pull up to speakers on a stand like the Drive-ins and folks stay in their cars ..........could have anything handy at arms reach there.  
    Oh no, it goes inside with me. 
    BAMAAK said:
    Nice build.  I wonder how a linear comp would work on that?
    I have a Levang on my other 7.5” AR Pistol. Works about the same. 
    Diver43 said:
    I really like it!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,715 Senior Member
    Like the looks of that thing, and that brass catcher looks REALLY handy!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    I really like it!
    Came in the mail the other day, took about 30 seconds to install. 
    Currently have one bad foot and a hole in the other, will be a bit before I can do more than fondle and dry fire, but it is perfect for my set up.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I like it. What brace is that? 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    KAK
    Zee said:
    KAK
    Excellent, I just ordered one of those for my pistol. Seeing your new setup was a reminder that I needed to get a brace. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Zee said:
    KAK
    Excellent, I just ordered one of those for my pistol. Seeing your new setup was a reminder that I needed to get a brace. 
    Did you order the tube to go with it?

Check out one of these: https://www.amazon.com/TactiCyle-Quick-Detach-Industry-Shockwave/dp/B071P5VXDM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534033804&sr=8-2&keywords=kak 

I got one locally for a lot less, but they don't seem to be available anymore.
    $20 for a screw? Think I will make my own. 
    Dad 5-31-13
    My thoughts. 

I don’t need to adjust the brace anyway. I want it short. Fits in the case. 
    Zee said:
    My thoughts. 

I don’t need to adjust the brace anyway. I want it short. Fits in the case. 
    I picked mine up for 6 bucks at a gun show, Think the guy made them in his garage.  I keep mine short, but figured having the option couldn't hurt.

Speaking of case, what are you using?

I have mine in a Oakley Kitchen Sink back pack when traveling.
    I have a 511 backpack and a Midway discrete case. 
    An old metal Hilti rotary hammer drill box. Hopefully it will still fit with the brace. 
    Dad 5-31-13