North Carolina teen will not be charged in fatal shooting of mother's abusive boyfriend

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,728 Senior Member
My favorite part of the article:

The children's late father had taught the girl and her siblings how to shoot and safely handle guns, allowing her to effectively use the single-action Colt .45-caliber revolver that had to be cocked between shots, said District Attorney Ted Bell.

"The late father had taught the children how to shoot," Bell said in a phone interview.

The kid put two center mass with a single action revolver in a very volatile situation. Kudos!

https://abc7.com/teen-fatally-shoots-mothers-abusive-boyfriend-will-not-be-charged/3985559/

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,601 Senior Member
    Old reliable.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    " Be not afraid of any man
    No matter what his size
    When in danger, call on me
    And I will equalize!"
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,728 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Sad a kid had to go through that.  Thankfully the dirtbag died and can’t hurt anyone. 
    Yep, and we the taxpayers don't hafta pay for his incarceration. 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,927 Senior Member
    The guy was firing the gun in the house a few days ago, seems like he should not have been out walking around in the first place
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,430 Senior Member
    Good for her. Although a very traumatic incident that she will have to deal with, at least she knows how to stop a situation. I can guarantee the same never happens to her. I hope she and her family can recover and live normal lives.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good girl.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Ken_S_LaTransKen_S_LaTrans Posts: 108 Member
    I'd like to say "nicely done"...but that doesn't quite cover how well the girl handled this.  I especially don't want to make light of the gravity of  the situation that could have ended in tragedy, instead of justice and her saving not only her mom's life, but very probably her life as well as her sibling's lives too.

ONLY THE INFERIOR CRY FOR EQUALITY