Iconic animal cracker box gets redesign after pressure from PETA

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,985 Senior Member
Hmmmm...............not in circus cages anymore............wow the animals will appreciate this. PC run amuck.......where would children or any of us short of going on Safari likely see animals like this............in a circus or a zoo............at least they haven't changed the shape of the crackers to look like vegetables.......yet.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #2
    Just think eBay........'Vintage' Animal Cracker pre-cage ban  boxes fer sale..............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,057 Senior Member
    Ordinarily, I would insert my usual anti-liberal invective here, but due to the new kinder/gentler forum requirements I'll just say that PETA is also part of the destruction of America PC cabal.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,668 Senior Member
    Doesn't surprise me in the least
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,102 Senior Member
    PETA has a point - ONCE IN A WHILE. For the most part, they're a bunch of loons and this latest illustrates this factoid perfectly.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,666 Senior Member
    This is perfect.  It shows the animals are running the circus.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,786 Senior Member
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

One of my all-time favorite T-shirts.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,459 Senior Member
    Yay! Now all of the poor animal are free to................ and the lion just ate the zebra......... and the giraffe.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    How much protein fer the Lion in a Zebra or Giraffe?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,786 Senior Member
    I don't eat the Barnum's animal crackers; haven't for decades. I buy the big bags of generic ones at Wally World, though. They're right tasty if you dip them in peanut butter and have them with a cup of hot coffee. :)
    Yum, Yum! Eat 'em up! (Little Rascals episode reference)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 260 Member
    I thought the humane society was the big killer of shelter animals?  I wouldn't put it past PETA, just saying.  My current dog is a rescue, she was stuck in a cage with a billion screeching monsters.  I thought PETA only wanted to save lions and giraffes but not donate the income that hunting these animals would have provided.  
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
    Just think if they showed what really happens in nature........the prey and the predators on the boxes...........
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Do vegans eat animal crackers?