Home Main Category Clubhouse

Roxor update

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberFranklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• JayJay Senior Member New Mexico/TexasPosts: 4,547 Senior Member
    I've also seen that Fiat-Chrysler has filed a complaint against Mahindra, trying to block the sale of the Roxor.  Apparently, it's too "Jeep like."

I'd still love to have one.  But I can't shell out $15,000+ for a toy.
    cpj said:
    Jay said:
    I've also seen that Fiat-Chrysler has filed a complaint against Mahindra, trying to block the sale of the Roxor.  Apparently, it's too "Jeep like."

I'd still love to have one.  But I can't shell out $15,000+ for a toy.
    I’d they still hold the license, I don’t see where fiat has a case. And I’m not sure I buy the “they are hurting our sales” line of crap. It’s an off road vehicle. Not one that can be licensed. 
    I agree.  And that's what I've been told, that the license they had never "expired."  So I don't see much of a case there either.  But, lawyers....
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Interesting, and it looks like 2wd drive as well like a postal jeep.  A jeep without 4wd....  :(
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    It’s 4 wheel drive. 
    I see that now...  does it come with a windshield?

"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Yeah, didn't take long to hack the computer speed limiter in that one! That would be fun if it could be licensed for the street with that modification. Odd that some of the side by side quads like the Polaris RZR side by side quad can be bought with the amenities to make it street legal, but not this one. IF that thing could be made street legal, I'd seriously consider buying one.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Central FLPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
    I had a 2wd Jeep Grand Cherokee once.  It seemed.....wrong.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #8
    BigDanS said:
    cpj said:
    It’s 4 wheel drive. 
    I see that now...  does it come with a windshield?

Nope. And no back seat. The base unit don't have grab handles or mirrors, either.
    This one gives you a look under the hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viwHijpPk4U What's really impressive is at "5:30". In granny gear, foot of the brakes, and it creeps down a steep slope.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Definitely my kind of Jeep - too bad about our nanny state laws...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Definitely my kind of Jeep - too bad about our nanny state laws...
    Yeah. If they sold that as a “kit” I would buy one and make it road legal in a heartbeat
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Yep, cradle to grave!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member OrygunPosts: 742 Senior Member
    I drive '94 Samurai. Aside from the windshield, what makes mine street legal and theirs not? I can barely do 73mph down a slite grade, much less in a quarter mile. And truly, at 73mph, you don't even want to think about the brakes. 

Hawk
    edited August 2018 #13
    For the Roxor to be street legal, it would have to comply with government emission standards. For a diesel, that would be a major obstacle. No doubt that’s one of the problems, in addition to the safety regulations. So, it’ll stay a UTV. And I want one.... like $10,000, maybe  want one. Not $15k+.  And I can legally drive one on the street here...
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Swampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
    I looked at all there specs, having owned/built jeeps and 4WD since the 60s i'm not impressed, there axles are 3.73, for any serious 4 wheeling I'd want at least 4.10 and preferably 4.53, they dont offer any kind of limited slip or posi, I had OX Lockers in my last jeep and would want either them or ARB Air Lockers. If I were to buy a Roxor it would be something I'd tow or trailer. Before I'd spend $15,000 I'd buy a 90s Jeep TJ put  a Golen  4.6L/270HP crate engine and set it up to be a real rock crawler.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    jaywapti said:
    I looked at all there specs, having owned/built jeeps and 4WD since the 60s i'm not impressed, there axles are 3.73, for any serious 4 wheeling I'd want at least 4.10 and preferably 4.53, they dont offer any kind of limited slip or posi, I had OX Lockers in my last jeep and would want either them or ARB Air Lockers. If I were to buy a Roxor it would be something I'd tow or trailer. Before I'd spend $15,000 I'd buy a 90s Jeep TJ put  a Golen  4.6L/270HP crate engine and set it up to be a real rock crawler.

JAY
    That isn't what it is for. It is for toolin around the farm/ranch. Not hitting the Rubicon
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    edited August 2018 #16
    I’m thinking 3.73s are probably a better match to the engine, which is basically a tractor diesel. An engine that probably has a redline of about 2500-3000 RPM. Tall gears and the transfer case in low would spin that engine up too quick. Just a guess on my part. I’d think that diesel, 3.73s, transfer case in low and transmission in first gear would be a crawler. 
    After watching one of the videos above, the diesel makes peak torque at 1400 RPM.....
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    SInce it is 'off road only' you could put a spool in the rear.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson