Home Main Category Clubhouse

Is this a legit email from Guns and Ammo?

Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior MemberWyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member

Hi there,

I reached out last week but haven't heard back. I wanted to see if there was an opportunity to sponsor a post on Guns & Ammo.

Please see my initial email below.

Best wishes,
Jude Gallemore

His email address is:  <[email protected]

Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I doubt it. Gmail? 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member VirginiaPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Likely bogus.  Often, scammers will shotgun out emails like this and collect the addresses of those who reply; they then use or sell that list as verified targets for more malicious content.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    I didn't take it as legit, from the way it was worded, and there had been no previous email.
    Just thought I would confirm.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    I definitely did not reply either.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I get ones that threaten me with incarceration.

Its a computer and it cant navigate the answering service, so I have no idea what my alleged offense is.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I get ones that threaten me with incarceration.

Its a computer and it cant navigate the answering service, so I have no idea what my alleged offense is.
    I have received a number of v-mails telling me there's a warrant from the IRS with my name on it. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    That incarceration scam if you don't buy some prepaid credit cards and send them to the address given is really going around. It's hit heavily in East TN the last few months. Some of them are sophisticated enough that they exactly spoof the PD/Sheriff's Office website.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

Hi there,

I reached out last week but haven't heard back. I wanted to see if there was an opportunity to sponsor a post on Guns & Ammo.

Best wishes,
    Jude Gallemore

Web advertising spammer.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,671 Senior Member

Hi there,

Best wishes,
    Jude Gallemore

This is what you get for clicking on BigChiefs links ;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #11
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Hi there,

Best wishes,
    Jude Gallemore

Hey, I'd never post any link that was unsafe...............and I haven't looked at mysef from accident or on purpose.

Sometimes I find certain things so amusing, I just have to share.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,671 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Hi there,

Best wishes,
    Jude Gallemore

Hey, I'd never post any link that was unsafe...............and I haven't looked at mysef from accident or on purpose.

Sometimes I find certain things so amusing, I just have to share.

I agree with you, your links can lead to some intreresting pop-up ads though:) 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11