Home Main Category Clubhouse

Smoked oyster recipes?

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberKaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
edited August 2018 in Clubhouse #1
A coworker's father has an oyster farm on the Washington coast. We pooled some cash to convince him to drive some over. I ended up with 1.5 gallons of raw oysters. I've always enjoyed smoked oysters but never tried smoking them myself. Any recipes to share?
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Best smoked in a bong. Trying to get those slimy bastards rolled in papers ain’t happening. 
    Dude, you are old. Bong? It's called a bubbler...
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    Get a fire going. Roll out some aluminum foil and lay out your shelled oysters. Find a fresh cow patty and lay on top. Roll up the foil and lay in the coals for 6 hours. When done open up the foil, throw away the osters and eat the cow shi..........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    My buddy brings some to deer camp every year from Port Angeles that he buys at the local meat/smoke shop, try calling one to see what they do, not sure which one he uses. They make some excellent smoked salmon also.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I have 70 lbs (whole fish) of king salmon from the same guy. I'm smoking a couple fillets tomorrow but I wanted to include some oysters because I've never done it before. I found a couple recipes online that I will try. Seems pretty simple. Only brine for a few hours and put oysters furthest from the heat source. 

Adam J. McCleod