Home Main Category General Firearms

If you have a 10/22 lying around gathering dust-----

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
and want something completely different, then this 10-22 kit might be to your liking. The add-on parts make it look like either a Chicago Typewriter or a WWII M1A1 Thompson SMG. 50 round drum magazines are also available. Looks like a well thought out kit, and the reviews are favorable as to function.

http://www.1022fungun.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Looks interesting. 

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,889 Senior Member
    I like the squad leader!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,203 Senior Member
    That looks stupid. As in "Stupid FUN!".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Freezer said:
    I like the squad leader!
    I've been sitting here all day vibrating like a tuning fork since I found that website. I may have to get stupid and order that one. I'll need to get another 20-22, though. I have one Heavy Barrel 10-22 and one tricked out as an M-1 Carbine lookalike. That Thompson furniture looks like it would be a fun shooter!
    ― Douglas Adams
    Mike, consider yourself enabled. Get stupid, and have stupid fun with that thing!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Mike, consider yourself enabled. Get stupid, and have stupid fun with that thing!
    That would be fun at the next Shoot, with a 50 round drum magazine! :)
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,390 Senior Member
    GO FOR IT
    If you bring it to the SE Shoot, I will bring a brick to help feed it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    GO FOR IT
    If you bring it to the SE Shoot, I will bring a brick to help feed it
    Sounds like a plan! :D
    ― Douglas Adams
    edited August 2018 #10
    I'll throw some in too! ASS-U-ME-ing I remember!

I just ordered the Squad Leader kit. Now I have to find a 10-22 this week to put the kit on. Boogity, boogity, boogity! Think I'll just start accumulating 30 round 'nanner' magazines for it. They're easier to load and reliable.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, you can play Sergeant  Saunders in Combat!

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,684 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #13
    Mike, if you can't find a 10/22 rifle, how about a charger PISTOL then assemble it without the buttstock???

(or an 80% ???)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    Mike, if you can't find a 10/22 rifle, how about a charger PISTOL then assemble it without the buttstock???

(or an 80% ???)
    Wally World will have a 10-22 and if not there's another place that will in Athens, TENNESSEE (Wambli reference there) that will. They're pretty common critters. Being as a 10-22 rifle is easy to find, and a Charger pistol is less easy, I'll go with the rifle.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,684 Senior Member
    Just a thought ;)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,510 Senior Member
    Part of me says "COOL!"

Another part of me says "This is a body panel and loud muffler kit to make a Honda Civic look and sound like an actual race car", though I guess in this case, it's extraordinarily hard to say "I coulda had a V-8"

And yet a third part of me says "Great. . .with the pistol grips and low comb stocks, 10/22's now take up three times as much space in the safe."
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Well, I can't afford a REAL Thompson M1A1, and the semi auto version doesn't do much for me plus it's expensive to feed. But this kit is a close lookalike, and will be relatively cheap to feed. And it should be fun to shoot!
    Anyway, got order confirmation this morning and the thing should be here this week. I have a dental appointment tomorrow afternoon so tomorrow morning I go find a 10-22 at the usual suspects and buy it.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I have 'other irons in the fire' right now. Easier to let someone else do the hard part of drawing it out and then making and testing it and refining it. My reduced diameter bolt semi auto Sten with the AR 15 fire control group got moved up in the 'things I gotta get done' category, anyway. It's next after the .22 cal. inline muzzle loader.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,751 Senior Member
    I like the looks of the Squad leader! That would be fun! Add a 22 1911 in a Tanker holster and you’ll be a range commando! 🤣
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    I'm ahead of ya, Elk Creek! I have a J.A. Ciener 1911 .22LR slide and mags for my 1911s. :)
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,751 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I'm ahead of ya, Elk Creek! I have a J.A. Ciener 1911 .22LR slide and mags for my 1911s. :)
    Nice! 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.