Home Main Category Clubhouse

Holy clanking brass ones, Batman!

coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior MemberSomewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,637 Senior Member
Maybe some of you have seen similar before, but I didn't know this was a thing, until today. 😨

"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
George Carlin

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,637 Senior Member
    The actual clip I first saw this on was of crews restringing poles in California post blaze.  Serious skill... and possibly a little crazy. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    We had a forum member killed some years back, he was a helicopter pilot. I think he was doing something with cherry orchards in the NW. I forgot exactly what his screen name was and the circumstance. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #4
    I think they use helicopters to dry the cherries because water build up turns them mushy. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Seen similar here. The helicopter drags a rope from tower to tower and a couple of guys on the tower unhook rope from a drop lead from the helicopter and run it through the pulley and reconnect the rope to the helicopter drop lead. Then at some point there is a truck with a BIG honkin' winch on the back that the rope is connected to and it pulls the cable through the pulleys and takes the required strain on the cable. Then the cable is connected to the insulators at the towers. It goes pretty fast.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    I know he gets paid very well but it's not enough. 
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,233 Senior Member
    The guys who have the trimmers on are impressive.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.