Home Main Category General Firearms

AR-15 Compensator

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
Kommiefornia is requiring compensators on AR-15 as a feature less accessory.  I'm looking for one that throws gases forward and not sideways as most do.  Shooting at the range next to a standard compensator is painful! Gases blow right at the person left or right of the shooter.  Any suggestions?

Thanks 
Patrick

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,379 Senior Member
    AR-Stoner linear muzzle brake
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,922 Senior Member
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    I decided upon a Venom Defense linear compensator. Titanium Black. 
    https://www.venomdd.com/products/ar-15-linear-compensator

Thanks for the input.

BTW:  If I go to a fixed stock with the linear compensator I don't have to have a bullet button!  I can switch magazines the normal free world way.  Stupid legislature.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,538 Senior Member
    Pardon the ignorance, and please educate me here.  What exactly does a linear compensator do?  If it directs all the muzzle blast forward is it really doing anything to reduce recoil/muzzle rise, or is it not to reduce recoil/muzzle rise but instead reduce perceived sound by the shooter?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    And what exactly does that La La Land law/policy accomplish? What were they thunking.......never mind....... they don't.

Do compensators scare them, make them more lethal? 

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Flash suppressors scare them as they think it eliminates the flash thus hiding the shooter! (Most mass shootings are done in the daylight hours)  Linear compensators force the gases out the front and they do help keep the muzzle on sight of target but the detonation is much louder.  Many use a standard side blast compensator which is miserable if you are at the range and shooting to the left or right of it.  I chose the linear for that reason, gases exit to the front.  Hiding the flash was a illiterate gun ban as LEO ammo and SD ammo has a low flash factor anyway.  Stupid legislators that know little or nothing of what they are "banning". You can serve in the military at 18 in Kommifornia but you can't purchase a handgun, and soon a rifle, until you're 21.  I believe most of the murderers with AR type rifles were over 21 anyway.