Home Main Category Clubhouse

The quickest way to find a lost object

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 12,754 Senior Member
Is to buy a replacement.  I recently lost a set of Lyman punches, the set with the tricky little hammer.  After two days of looking, I picked up a complete used replacement set for $20 bucks.  Which was more than reasonable.  Got back home and looked in the one place I hadn't looked before...the lower shelf of an end table, beneath some books.  There it was. 
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Central FLPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
    I have found that the quickest way to find a small, sharp object I dropped on the floor is to take off my shoes.  It will find me quicker than I can find it.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,754 Senior Member
    I found the quickest way to find a small object is to run the Roomba.  It will pick them up every time, you just have to insert a magnet in the dustbin.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member VirginiaPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Why is the lost item always in the last place you look? Why not just look there to begin with and save a lot of time?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    I have found that the quickest way to find a small, sharp object I dropped on the floor is to take off my shoes.  It will find me quicker than I can find it.
    I lost a piece of broken glass 3 dats ago-----when barefoot and that works, I found the glass in sticking in my foot
    and Clean shouting at me.

Geeze----it was my piece of glass and not her foot.
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Central FLPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
    LMLarsen said:
    Why is the lost item always in the last place you look? Why not just look there to begin with and save a lot of time?
    It is always the last place you look, even if it is also the first place you look.  Unless you keep looking after you find it just because you love the thrill of the hunt......
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,698 Senior Member
    No.  You already HAD looked in that spot.  It was just the Reality Construction Crew creating time moment by moment accidentally failing to put the punch set there at the moment you were looking.  They then managed spot and correct the error, getting it back after you looked away.  Little bastards do it to my glasses & keys all the time.  :*
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Underpants gnomes.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,234 Senior Member
    I couldnt find my Dermel for weeks, finally went to H freight and bought a knock off. Used it and put it in a good place to keep a Dremel. I know it was a good place to keep a Dremel because that is where my original was.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.