"You Will Be Deemed Dangerous!"

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,375 Senior Member
This is their plan. It's odd, but I posted on FaceBook a couple days ago, that "Every idea implemented, which will be damaging to our republic, will first be tried in California." 

The plan now for California, is to expand the list of people who can legally have their guns taken away. This list will included people against whom an "allegation" that they constitute a threat is made. "See something, say something?" 

If the law passes, simply posting on social media that "threatens or suggests a threat to - say the government - could constitute a public threat. 

Of course, it's only California...
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    link
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I read this earlier. Even Moonbeam Gov Brown vetoed the last similar bill........who knows what those lunatics in La La Land will pass these days.

Would be scary times fer gun owners, indeed. I see abuse all over the place even if the gun owner does nothing threatening, just someone who doesn't like guns files a report.................

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,599 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #4
    The Commiefornia contagion is spreading.

BUT

ONE MORE TIME:

Stay the Hell OFF of so-called "social media" sites, esp. face***K, TWITter, et al. Nothing good every comes from there...

And to avoid the inevitable semantic argument, I don't regard a message board like this one as "social media" - it doesn't have the all-pervading evil entailed by the latter.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,248 Senior Member
    Hmmm.......seems I have neglected to open a Facebook account......oh well!  I think I can live without one at this point.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,608 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    I read this earlier. Even Moonbeam Gov Brown vetoed the last similar bill........who knows what those lunatics in La La Land will pass these days.

Would be scary times fer gun owners, indeed. I see abuse all over the place even if the gun owner does nothing threatening, just someone who doesn't like guns files a report.................

Exactly. What is the next step? Rewards for reporting a "dangerous" person who OMG owns a gun?
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,601 Senior Member
    Pssst! Joe Smoe down the street's a heretic, pass it on.

Charles Laughton in a judges wig. Are you a witch? Admit it!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,608 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    The Commiefornia contagion is spreading.

BUT

ONE MORE TIME:

Stay the Hell OFF of so-called "social media" sites, esp. face***K, TWITter, et al. Nothing good every comes from there...

And to avoid the inevitable semantic argument, I don't regard a message board like this one as "social media" - it doesn't have the all-pervading evil entailed by the latter.
    I'm so glad you escaped! I will stay in Oregon (Central Commiefornia). It's where I was born and grew up. Most of my close relatives and old friends are here. I have not clicked a link or posted anything on Facebook since the smiley faced Chinese bastards hacked my email twice! I only save photos of the Grandkids.  
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,599 Senior Member
    Glad to be out of there, trust me!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,248 Senior Member
    I was only there for 3 days this week and I was glad to be out of there!  :D