What is a good red type sight for rimfire rifles ?

big elkbig elk MemberPosts: 111 Member
I'm new at using red dot type sights. I have a CZ 455 fs 17 HMR rifle and would like to try a red dot type of sight.  I plan on using it for target shooting, plinking and some prairie dog hunting. I'd like to keep the cost at around $150.oo.  Can anyone help me ? 

Best Answers

• big elkbig elk Member Posts: 111 Member
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Thanks, You are right that a 2 moa dot would cover to much of a dog especially since a lot of dogs will only stick their heads out.  How about a good scope for doing the same. most of my dog shooting will be 100 yards or less, we have a lot of wind in Wy. so a 17 HMR is not the best, but early in the am there's very if any wind.  

Answers

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,066 Senior Member
    17 will get out there a bit past the .22 rimfires so you don’t have to look for a rim fire specific scope.  I’d look for a Redfield, Nikon or Bushnell in your price range with adjustable turrets and since you’ll be hunting small targets I’d go a little higher in the magnification, maybe up to 14x on the high side.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton