Defense Carry Insurance

2»

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,067 Senior Member
    Well, the prosecutor wouldn't pose this as a question, if he said it at all.  He would "say it to the jury" in summation.  But I doubt that would happen.  I would never get the insurance because no lawyer paid the paltry sum of how much ever it costs for such insurance is going to go Clarence Darrow on you.  He's going to do like most low-cost lawyers do; going to get you to cop a plea for a reduced charge.  If in the unlikely chance I need a lawyer, I'm going to get a good one with a reputation.  I'm to pretty to go to prison.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,354 Senior Member
    timc said:
    And my answer to the prosecutor would be, do you have car insurance? Is it because you want to intentionally  run somebody down?
    Yep.  Easy enough to turn that around. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I thought it was just me. Maybe an age thing?
    I dunno. I fail to see what a late middle aged man needs with life insurance. It can be a good thing (tm) for the young with families; but for those of us who have more runway behind us than ahead of us, not so much.
    Kind of thought the same thing when I renewed my term policy 8 years ago.  House wasn't paid for and grandkids being raised by grandma.  Now that I'm terminally ill looks like a good investment for my family!  When Doc says I have a year left, I get half the proceeds up front for one hell of a safari hunt!  Glad I'll be leaving a little to the children.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,109 Senior Member
    I can see that in your situation. Goddess grant that your crossing be easy & painless.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 470 Member
    totally agree with 10canyon53. 
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
2»