Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

John McCain-- My Rant

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 5,037 Senior Member
Mods, if you think this is inappropraite fell free to move or delete it.

I have lost any respect i ever had for John McCain, his funeral should have been a solemn event, instead it has turned into a media circus, not allowing President Trump to attend his funeral is disrespectful not only to the president but to the U.S. as well. The fact that for months before his death he orchestrated his funeral as to not only who would attend but who would speak and what they say. In my lifetime I have watched and listened to all the President's funeral's and never has there been anything as disrespectful or political as this one.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

Well put, Jay!

In my humble opinion, ANYONE, regardless of political party, who has spent upwards of 50 years in congress has not served his/her country, but used it to their own benefit.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,036 Senior Member
    What CPJ said.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Do you know that they changed Arethas clothes three times since she died nearly two weeks ago?  I'm thinking she was getting pretty funky bythat time.....and not in a good way....

They must have been having a good time though since the "Bishop" though it was appropriate to grab a little side boob from Ariana Grande...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    As far as McCain is concerned...I have all the respect in the world for his military service...his political career...not so much.

Did I ever tell you guys that my youngest son was at the Naval Academy with McCain's grandson....Hank chipped one of his teeth in a boxing match....can't see that guy without cracking a grin....
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I am not inviting Trump to my funeral either. Or Obama, or Bush.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Yep, I'm sure his daughter was upset over losing him, but that really turned me off. As well as the other comments from Obammy and even Bush had some innuendo in his words. Can't they leave the politics at the damn door while a funeral is being conducted.

Trump should have never said what he said about JMs war record, but he has been gracious in giving the family anything they asked for for the ceremonies and funeral, including allowing AF 2 to fly his body around.

They had a good pic of Bubba with his eyes fixated on that gals butt when she was singing right in front of him.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Maybe Clinton though-- he is kind of a wild one.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Yep, Dirty Ole Men...............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    This is nothing about being upset, it’s about grabbing headlines for her guaranteed bid for her fathers seat in the senate...
    Well I believe she was genuinely upset over losing her father. She also has been a fervent Trump hater like he father was and couldn't help herself from making spiteful jabs.

I hope she doesn't win the REP primary if she runs. If she plans to vote be/like her father was.

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,037 Senior Member
    I hate the guy but I’d love to party with him! 😎

Sure, than after Kim gets through with you there wont be enough left to bury LMAO

JAY

THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    Not to be disrespectful, but I have had about all I can stand of news coverage of both funerals.
    We all gotta ride that Little Black Train............

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,697 Senior Member
    Maybe Clinton though-- he is kind of a wild one.
    Invite Ariana, he will be there for sure.......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,697 Senior Member
    Better yet, invite Monica and seat her beside Hillary.........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Yep, I'm sure his daughter was upset over losing him, but that really turned me off. As well as the other comments from Obammy and even Bush had some innuendo in his words. Can't they leave the politics at the damn door while a funeral is being conducted.

Trump should have never said what he said about JMs war record, but he has been gracious in giving the family anything they asked for for the ceremonies and funeral, including allowing AF 2 to fly his body around.

They had a good pic of Bubba with his eyes fixated on that gals butt when she was singing right in front of him.

This is nothing about being upset, it’s about grabbing headlines for her guaranteed bid for her fathers seat in the senate...
    That will be a while.  Right now, the governor has to appoint a replacement.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    I've also heard things that suggest that he wasn't "all that and a bag of chips" during his mil career either. Anybody know anything?

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,286 Senior Member
    I tried listening to some of the senators funeral on NPR, I had to shut it off, when NPR is gushing about you, that says something about you too. After all I spend on health care since he decided to cast the deciding vote we needed to keep the ACA AND all of the $ they are spending on THREE services, meh to Senator McCain, thank you for your service to your country, not so impressed with your "reaching across the aisle" with your small govt. fiscal "conservative" political career
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    zorba said:
    I've also heard things that suggest that he wasn't "all that and a bag of chips" during his mil career either. Anybody know anything?
    There was some B.S. about McCain being responsible for the flight deck fire aboard the U.S.S. Forrestal back in 1967 that killed 134...but that has been debunked by multiple sources...

The has also been some stuff circulated by his detractors about his conduct while a POW...

He did apparently bend a couple of aircraft during his time as a pilot....but then I suppose the same could be said about a multitude of others...
    edited September 2018 #22
    My late FIL despised him. He was 30 year Navy man having been a CPO/PO(?) and retired as a Commander in the late 70s.

He deserved his due as a decorated military man with full honors and as a Congressman, but seems over done/over covered to me.

I hope they put a decent replacement in his spot.

Time to move on from him.  He is history now.

I will say this about the guys funeral...there was nothing humble or self-effacing about it.....
    I salute those service members who carried his casket up and down those steep steps in the rain. 
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Not to be disrespectful, but I have had about all I can stand of news coverage of both funerals.

It's been peaceful here in the woods with no TV reception at all. Haven't watched anything political. Kinda like it. 
    Umph! I personally find funerals and conventional burial to be barbaric - but that's just me. Cremation and dump the ashes makes more sense to me, let my survivors hold a "celebration of life" without me being present in a casket!

I already told my wife and daughter, that if they put me in a suit and/or necktie in a casket, I'd sit right up and strangle somebody!

As for McCain's funeral, didn't watch it. Not my circus, not my monkeys, they can do whatever the heck they want to...

)O(
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,930 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

Guess where the good reverend is looking in the picture above.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    My take?

Next. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,269 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    As far as McCain is concerned...I have all the respect in the world for his military service...his political career...not so much.

+1
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 316 Member
    From the MSM coverage of his death....it could not have been the same John McCain that ran against Barack Obama. That guy was the devil.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    My take?

Next. 
    Same. I'm not happy about McCain's demise, but I'm happy he is no longer a senator. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod