Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Kavanaugh conformation hearing.......

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
The Circus has began on the televised hearings. Distract, delay and obstruction by the Dems.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I haven't been watching them, but my wife has.  According to her, the behavior of the dems is shockingly bad.  Someone even called Kavanaugh the "Forrest Gump" of judges, or something like that.  It's one thing to ask tough questions, but quite another to hurl personal insults in a setting such as this.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Ted Cruz had a great response to the Dems and what is really going on.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    The dems are making a big fuss over the thousands of pages of material they haven't had time to read, but Senator Grassley (r-Iowa) said the Rs were able to do so.  Besides, Kavanaugh has been sitting on district court for 10 years, and all of his rulings are public.  Seems that should be enough info to have a good idea of a candidate's judicial philosophy.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
     I think confirmation is a for sure thing. Everything else is just noise.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    bunch of old people acting like little kids
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,137 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #7
    The Sergeant at Arm's was not doing his job...he needs to be fired...his replacement needs a taser and a baseball bat...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Dems really showing their arses this time, more than usual.
    edited September 2018 #9
    Not a single one (Dem) on that committee are gonna vote for him and said as much even before he was nominated.

Chucky had a conference call with them last night to coordinate slowing down, resist carrying on with the hearing.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #10
    Jayhawker said:
    The Sergeant at Arm's was not doing his job...he needs to be fired...his replacement needs a taser and a baseball bat...
    I still got my homemade cattle prod the Sergent at Arms could use. It will put a big bull or cow on the ground. Just shock the offender and leave them lying on the floor wherever they land, as a warning to others. And when they regain their faculties, hit 'em again. :)

Regarding the hearings, I'm reminded of a bunch of little spoiled kids that need to hear the sound of a belt being removed from a pair of pants, and then have it used on their backsides. Corey Booker is making points for his run as POTUS, Feinstein is being her charming sea hag self, and the rest of the Dems are just having a major PMS* attack. *PMS - pissin' and moanin' sequentially.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    I wish I was the Sergent at Arms in there. I'd light the protesters acting up early, often, and thoroughly. Some of them folk don't know how to act in public, and need a lesson in decorum. 150,000 volts at near lethal amperage will do that pretty well. :D
    ― Douglas Adams
    The disruptive ones in the audience are already at it this morn.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    And we're supposed to respect these richard-craniums on this forum!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #14
    No, but we shouldn't act like them either. How else are they going to tell us apart?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    If people were never taught how to behave in public, BY THEIR PARENTS, then they should not be surprised that they are treated like animals in public when they act like feral animals. Aversion therapy has worked for thousands and thousands of years on people that can't accept and adhere to societal norms. It starts at home. Talking out of turn, pitching fits, and disrespecting the parents used to be met with swift and meaningful punishment to train the kid how to act in a polite manner, at home and in public. What you see with the disruptive people are people that have not been trained how to act in public and private while children, and have no filter on their unacceptable behavior. Once of adult age, and acting like that, the punishment has to be both swift and painful at every occurrence to train them in proper public and private behavior. The painful part can be either physical or verbal, or both. Depends on the circumstances. All too often, it is the police that are tasked with that filthy business.
    ― Douglas Adams
    It appears that the Capitol Police arrested 70 of them yesterday..."Code Pink" was behind a lot of it.
    edited September 2018 #17
    This morning, Feinstine was having a tough time grasping the concept of "common use" when it came to semi-auto rifles....she's still bitching about Heller...
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    Then we get this chestnut...

BTW, according to the Anti-Defamation League, that's not a White Power sign, but what would they know.
    https://www.adl.org/blog/how-the-ok-symbol-became-a-popular-trolling-gesture

Oh, and it turns out that the lady in question: Mexican-American, whose grandparents survived the Holocaust.  So you know she's got to be pro-Whitey!

I'm just here for snark.
    She was born in Mexico and one set of her grandparents escaped the Holocaust in Europe...................about the most unlikely person there is to be a white supremacist.
    cpj said:
    That’s AWESOME. 

Different from this, since she had it above her waist. 

And people wonder why I trust NOTHING 100% that I see on the Internet. A small forum of people can spread a hoax WORLD WIDE in a matter of days. 
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw the photo.

And you're right: the Dr. got flat roasted.  Side note: anyone else uncomfortable that someone like that is a doctor?
    I'm just here for snark.
    Well...............OK then.    
    cpj said:Know what you call a Dr who got Ds on his grade card in med school?
    No tell us.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #23
    cpj said:

You can not respect someone for acting like a dick, while at the same time not acting like one.

That looks like a double-negative.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    .  Side note: anyone else uncomfortable that someone like that is a doctor?

The guy is more of an internet activist than a practicing doctor. He recently was fired from Vanderbilt after three years of his five year residency and just recently won a lawsuit against Trump about blocking him on Twitter. Trump had to unblock him because a judge ruled that he was violating Gu's 1st amendment rights. Talk about pettiness.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,380 Senior Member
    cpj said:

You can not respect someone for acting like a dick, while at the same time not acting like one.
     Otherwise, you look EXACTLY like the other side. Only difference is an R after your name. 
    Is there any better response I can offer than:

WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    One REP Senator pointed out that judge Kavanaugh and Merrick Garland (Obammy's nomination to SCOTUS) agreed more than they disagreed on opinions handed down while they served on the DC district court of appeals.  One was like 80% of the time and I fergit the other.

I found that interesting, however he didn't break it down on what the cases were about.

Anyhow, I think Kavanaugh is a good choice and will be a good member of SCOTUS and interpret the law and constitution as it is written. He is not an activist judge and won't be swayed by politics. Nor will he make decisions to circumvent the law by making rulings for either party who hope what they couldn't get passed in Congress can be by SCOTUS using Judicial Fiat. I think Fiat is the right word I'm looking for here.     
    What I don't fully understand is how a court can rule on a POTUS predecessors policy/decree (not a law enacted by Congress) when the current POTUS cancels it. All of a sudden that policy was written in stone because the original supporters don't want it to go away and take it to court.
    edited September 2018 #28
    Went to the store and heard this on the news just now when I got back.

Sen Booker released Kavanaugh emails including post 9-11 discussions on racial profiling from the Bush admin.

They were marked Committee Confidential. He said it was his "Spartacus Moment" .................he may get thrown off the committee, I hope so, I'm tired of his nonsense, political jockeying for 2020 and showmanship.   
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,032 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #29
    "Racial profiling"? AWWWWWW, too bad.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Well it may be Booker was just BSing and blowing hot air because those emails/documents may have already been deemed OK to release to the public by the committee.

It would take 2/3 of the Senate to throw him and his comrades who sided with him outta the Senate and that ain't likely to happen.

Phony stand most likely to make it look like he was falling on his sword to give the American people information they need to see if the nominee is qualified and jeopardizing his Senate seat in the process.................all the LIBs are calling his actions "Courageous".........................I read some of them and it wasn't a smoking gun at all. Of course, anything about Racial Profiling gets the headlines...............  
    I think Sen. Ben Sasse is correct in two points:
    1. The problem lies largely with Congress, who he says "has decided to self-neuter" and are abdicating their jobs as actual legislators, deferring to the Executive branch to legislate through Executive Order and regulations, and then have the Judicial branch acting as clean-up.
    2. When folks are protesting both Supreme Court rulings and Supreme Court Justices, it shows how dysfunctional our government has become, as the Supreme Court's been forced into greater overreach than it should have, due to point 1.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/04/congress-has-decided-self-neuter-one-senators-compelling-theory-why-kavanaugh-hearings-are-so-ugly/?utm_term=.57a0c5feb1c0

I'm just here for snark.