Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Kavanaugh conformation hearing.......

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Someone has started a rumor that Blasey supposedly sent a letter very similar on Gorsuch last year during his conformation ... maybe the right know how to fight BS with their own BS?

“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #63
    Isn't it time for The Onion to publish an expose along the lines of:

"When we were in kindergarten, Bret wanted to play doctor with me and he pulled his pants down first." He's a flasher! And a pedophile!

"In summer camp we had a circle jerk and Bret participated." He's a queer!

"In college, I went on a date with Bret, it was a nice dinner and a good movie, but I got tired, and he seduced me." He's a rapist!

If nothing else, by the end of the week, around 3,289 employees of Planned Parenthood should come forth with more horror stories.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

Booker's push for Kavanaugh vote delay called out over his 1992 column detailing teenage groping

Heck, who among us hasn't 'Copped a feel' back in JH/HS? No need being a holier than thou hypocrite like so many are.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,127 Senior Member
    The same people who were saying that Paula Jones’ and Juanita Broadrick’s aqusations of forcible rape by Bill Clinton had no basis and should be ignored are now saying that this needs to be investigated by the FBI
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited September 2018 #66
    Now she and her lawyers are making more idiotic demands........like the judge must testify first which is arsebackwards where the accused should hear what he is accused of first so he can respond................IOW face his accuser..................

"Among the terms: Only members of the committee -- no lawyers -- can question her; Kavanaugh cannot be in the room at the time; and Kavanaugh should be questioned first, before he has the opportunity to hear Ford's testimony."

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    And there is this:

BREAKING: FORMER SCALIA LAW CLERK Drops Pictures and Evidence That Blows Christine Ford’s Case Wide Open

Next they need to pull out how hard Ford partied as a Kappa Delta at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her time as a Kappa Delta from ‘85-‘88 was not a prim and proper high tea ... they partied hard and back then beer age was 18 yrs old. The Kappas almost lived at a local college bar named “He’s Not Here”. If she can make vague claims they should be able to pull incidents from years just after the supposed assault ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    Now some Dems are saying they will hound the judge if he gets confirmed with investigations and impeach him if they win the midterms.

What a witch hunt, I hope it all backfires on them hard!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,916 Senior Member
    There are also stories about Ford that make her out to be a first class slut, and a heavy drinker. Wonder why she is so vague on the details of her surroundings on the alleged night of this party.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    It has been clear for a long time that DNC will use ANY means necessary to win. Ethics be damned. GOP needs to "take the gloves off"!
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #72
    I would be happy to let the Judge testify first. Then, after this 'bimbo eruption' testifies, surprise everybody and let the Judge testify again in rebuttal.  
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    horselips said:
    I would be happy to let the Judge testify first. The, after this 'bimbo eruption' testifies, surprise everybody and let the Judge testify again in rebuttal.  

I would be ok with that.  Regardless, he needs to hear her testimony and be given a chance to rebut or explain.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    I'm concerned that he just my say **** it and decline the position.  How much **** do you take and put your family through?  I hope he fights it tooth and nail but.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Actually it goes both ways.  I’ve been groped by drunk women several times in my life and while it was not welcome it was certainly just a mistake in their parts and not enough for me to try to ruin their lives decades later...  you deal with it, put it behind you and move on.  That’s what adults do.  IF it actually happened which is still a huge ?
    I have been groped by sober women.  Double standard for sure. I'm guessing snapping a girls bra strap would now be an felony assault and sexual harassment charge.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    And EVERY woman in my family I’ve asked said they think she is a political hack looking to screw up a good guy’s life...  funny not all women have blinders on an some can even discern reality from political maneuvering...  I think the ones that blindly act/think based on emotion can never be dissuaded to employ logic instead.
    Women are pretty quick to pick up on another woman telling a story that won't hold water. At least the women that can think for themselves and listen to a story without emotion and make an informed judgement on the facts, or lack thereof. That would necessarily exclude the women that march around in the street wearing vagina horse collars.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Seeding the court has become a very seedy endeavor. It can be all the donkeys fault this time. Next time, who knows???

Too bad the loss of printed paper media has left us without the benifit of cartoon satire for historical record.
    Seeding the court has become a very seedy endeavor. It can be all the donkeys fault this time. Next time, who knows???

Too bad the loss of printed paper media has left us without the benifit of cartoon satire for historical record.
    Early, go here and scroll down to bottom of the page.

https://www.arcamax.com/comics

Enjoy!

― Douglas Adams
    One of my FAVORITE editorial cartoon characters, Busty Ross, has some great advice in yesterday's blog post at Stilton's Place.

http://stiltonsplace.blogspot.com/

Stilton's Place is one of my favorite blogs that I check every day. Always some funny stuff on there, stuff that makes you think, and stuff you wish you didn't know about to start with, but are at least informed on.

― Douglas Adams
    edited September 2018 #80
    Its about time that whole Burt and Ernie thing got put to rest.

Now for a congressional inquiry into the Big Bird and Suffleoffogus fiasco.
    edited September 2018 #81

My girls watched Sesame Street and The Electric Company when they were little.

I always suspected Bert and Ernie were gay and since the puppeteer/creator(?) came out it confirmed it in my mind years ago.

I haven't seen it in years and can't say they are pushing an agenda these days..........they weren't back then to my knowledge.

I like the Count and think I still have an LP called the Count Counts helped kids with numbers.

I liked the Cookie Monster too.

Big Chief said:

I always suspected Bert and Ernie were gay and since the puppeteer/creator(?) came out it confirmed it in my mind years ago.

As long as that's aired, there must have been more than one puppeteer???
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Buford said:
    Actually it goes both ways.  I’ve been groped by drunk women several times in my life and while it was not welcome it was certainly just a mistake in their parts and not enough for me to try to ruin their lives decades later...  you deal with it, put it behind you and move on.  That’s what adults do.  IF it actually happened which is still a huge ?
    I have been groped by sober women.  Double standard for sure. I'm guessing snapping a girls bra strap would now be an felony assault and sexual harassment charge.

A coming of age skill used to be learning how to unhook a bra strap with one hand. Even in the "free love" 1960s no meant no!
    So four named witnesses (five counting the judge) who the woman says were at the party have denied it...................one the ex-wife of Bob Beckel a Dem pundit/operative.

Hmmm ... rumor of a possible 2nd accuser? I don’t know the validity or trustworthiness of this source but ... https://www.axios.com/brett-kavanaugh-second-accuser-ronan-farrow-34c2f776-27ba-47bc-b008-2ef3e4e5fc2a.html ...
    Senate Democrats are investigating another allegation of sexual misconduct against President Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, this one dating from his time as an undergraduate at Yale, according to a new report from The New Yorker's Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer

The details: The second accuser, Deborah Ramirez, claims that Kavanaugh waved his penis in front of her face while she was inebriated at a dormitory party during the 1983-1984 academic school year. She told Farrow and Mayer that she believes an FBI investigation of Kavanaugh's actions is warranted.

- George Orwell
    If his accusers are liars then I hope he takes time to file defamation of character charges against them and hound them to the gates of hell, and they jump through the bars. If they are lying then they are doing great disservice to those women who have actually experienced attacks and will make new ones unwilling to step forward with charges.

The Democrats/Liberals seem to be taking note of the Night Of The Long Knives and trying in earnest at a bloodless coup attempt. Do a Google, Bing, or wikipedia search of that bolded part if you don't know that history. You don't necessarily have to kill your opponents, you just have to accuse them of vile acts, and marginalize them by repeating the vile charges to whip up the uninformed population to vote as you want them to to accomplish the bloodless coup. The bloodletting comes after the deed is accomplished.
    ― Douglas Adams
    How much more marginalised can a person be than being used as a pawn. 

Appearance versus dignity.

How much more will people tolerate? The ads for our elections here in Colorado are maniacal. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,092 Senior Member
    "Night of the Long Knives"? Its likely to devolve to "Krystallnacht" before its all said and done.

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    They have sown the seed of doubt with these flaky accusations just enough to delay the conformation process. Both are unproven and can't be substantiated.

Dems are masters of character assassinations.

Their goal is to delay the process until after the mid-terms when they hope they will have a majority, but even if they do the senators elect won't take office for a few months later. So he can still be confirmed.

Maybe they are hoping he will withdraw or be or told to by POTUS.

They (Dems) all said they wouldn't vote for any SCOTUS nominee from Trump's list well before his name was selected. So nothing has changed in their camp.

Some say it is all about abortion.........I dunno. It will shape the court for decades to come and give it a conservative majority. It's driving the lefties bat scat crazy.

They say they will impeach him if he gets in........for what? They wanna put a black cloud that will hang over him forever.