Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Forget The Alamo!

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,368 Senior Member
    Another attempt to change our past ! I hope they don't get away with it. We may loose the truth here also. Sad day .
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Funny they tried to weasel outta it by saying they were just trying to cut 'Unnecessary' unimportant words from the history book to make it more concise and still convey what happened at the Alamo. Yeah right................

Good news it is doubtful they will accept that recommendation /change in Texas, they know the smell of BS pretty good out there.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    The word/parts they want to delete is calling them Heroes to describe those brave men who gave their lives to defend the Alamo.

Which as we all know led to the phrase "Remember The Alamo" a rallying cry for Texans to fight for Independence from Mexico.

Now how that could have eluded those 'Educators/Historians' on that  textbook committee is beyond me. They say it could save 90 minutes of classroom time.

For what? To brainwash the kids with PC BS they would rather see in the classrooms.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,086 Senior Member
    They are also trying to remove mentions of the Travis Letter from the Alamo that ends in “victory or death”

http://www.travisletter.com/the-letter.html

I am pretty sure they stepped on their own Johnson with this one.  The forces of political correctness may have found the “line in the sand” (Alamo reference) that Texans just wont put up with.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    For Me, Texas is the " Canary in the Coal Mine" if it goes Blue
    Its bad Ju Ju

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    They are also trying to remove mentions of the Travis Letter from the Alamo that ends in “victory or death”

http://www.travisletter.com/the-letter.html

I am pretty sure they stepped on their own Johnson with this one.  The forces of political correctness may have found the “line in the sand” (Alamo reference) that Texans just wont put up with.

The Texas state government appears to be clueless in their 'Ivory Towers' (at least the Governor is properly offended). The Board of Education's address adds a heapin' helpin' of icing to the Travis Letter fiasco.

William B. Travis Building
    1701 N. Congress Avenue
    Austin, Texas, 78701

This seemed like the perfect morning to break out my "Don't Mess With Texas" coffee cup! 

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    The left is working diligently to erase the important parts of history.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I think it’s about time real Texans “remember the Alamo” and clean up Austin once and for all...

I am very surprised that the Austin liberals somehow think the time is right to attack the history of the Alamo. My Latina ex wife is an at least 5th generation natural born US citizen. She was born in Alamo, Texas (Rio Grande Valley).  
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,408 Senior Member
    We're gearing up for our local elections, and one community has a guy using "Teacher for Mayor" as his slogan.

Rather telling of the state of affairs that my gut reaction is to regard that as a disqualifier.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,045 Senior Member
    If I ever want to hear a virulent rant against liberals and illegal Mexican immigrants all I have to do is mention the subject to any of my business associates that live in Mexico or immigrated here legally.  I mean outright violent!!!!!  
    That's pretty much true from my observations too. They have a Spanish term for the illegals that I forget, but it isn't complimentary!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I don't care what they do, I won't forget the Alamo. 
    zorba said:
    If I ever want to hear a virulent rant against liberals and illegal Mexican immigrants all I have to do is mention the subject to any of my business associates that live in Mexico or immigrated here legally.  I mean outright violent!!!!!  
    That's pretty much true from my observations too. They have a Spanish term for the illegals that I forget, but it isn't complimentary!

The term I am familiar with is "Mojados". "Wets".
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

"Omitting the term “heroic” may help teachers revitalize the complexities of not only the battle, but Texas history itself, said Walter L. Buenger, a professor of history at the University of Texas at Austin, who called the popular depiction of the Alamo of patriots in coonskin caps “exceptionally simplistic."

There's a reason why UT's mascot is a bovine creature.  The above quote and everything this moron said is about the same as what comes out of the south end of a north bound steer.

One of the attributes of many native Texans is our intense loyalty and pride of being born and bred in the Lone Star state.  And one of those reasons is that Texas history is taught in school, especially the war for independence from Mexico.  Downplaying the many acts of heroism of that time is a disgrace and disrespectful off those brave people who gave their all.

What the Alamo defenders did was to buy time for Sam Houston to gather forces that later routed Santa Ana's army at San Jacinto.  That should  never be forgotten.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Our great state is in need of a cleansing!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    Texas Board of Education is still eliminating unimportant history. Why Hillary? Losers definitely have to go. I'm confident the "Revolutionary Founding Fathers" will be safe. Not those silly! Marx and Lenin.