NN & Mrs. Clean are ok.....

Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior MemberPosts: 654 Senior Member
Just got a phone call from Ned, he said they have no power or internet and said to let y'all know they are alright.  There are limbs down and 2 lower rooms have about 2 inches of water in them but that they most everything out of those rooms.  Garage is flooded but said right now no need for anyone to come to assist them.  Their flooding is due to rivers and streams  backing up and overflowing their banks, not from direct storm surge.  They wanted to let everyone know as they knew you'd be thinking about them, and that means so much to them.  

Now y'all know as much as I know, so will keep you posted if I receive any updates. 

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,826 Senior Member
    Thanks Mary! I was wondering about them. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,279 Senior Member
    Prayers and well wishes from here.

Glad to hear they're ok.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,990 Senior Member
    Thanks Mary for letting us know. Hope it all goes well for them & others that are facing this mess.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,514 Senior Member
    Glad they are OK, thanks.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,034 Senior Member
    Thank you Miss Mary!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,343 Senior Member
    Good to hear.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,569 Senior Member
    Thanks for posting this up Miss Mary. Glad they are both ok.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,611 Senior Member
    Seems Flo has fizzled out as far as a Hurricane goes - but still too much rain. Thank Goddess Ned & Clean are OK - hope the water drains out quickly.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,907 Senior Member
    Thanks for that update, Miss Mary. That slow moving thing is pushing a lot of water backwards up the rivers and the rain runoff has no where to go. Glad to hear Ned and Mrs. Clean are O.K. Sure hope they get the electricity back soon.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 654 Senior Member
    Ned said it was still raining there when we talked, so hopefully they won't get more water inside their home.  They knew y'all would be wondering about them.

• ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 758 Senior Member
    Great to hear they are ok.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,837 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update and glad they are OK!!
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,455 Senior Member
    Thanks Ms Mary. Glad to hear the update and they are ok.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,040 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update Miss Mary.
    I was worried about them
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

I'm still worried about the rain!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,668 Senior Member
    Glad to hear it. Thank you. Miss Mary.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    edited September 15 #18
    I am glad to hear this, but, NN being "OK", that is debatable, we have seen the helmet and the life jackets, and the not pink shirt, and the sombrero.......
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Don't forget the tin foil hat!

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,205 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update
    We have been concerned for those effected.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,204 Senior Member
    Good to hear Miss Mary, thank you.
    Wow, they are still getting rain and more rain up there. 

Any updates?

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Florence will be a storm not forgotten for a long time to come.

I think they will retire the name because of its devastation/flooding and loss of life and property.  
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,907 Senior Member
    Florence is a REALLY SLOW moving storm since it landed. Something like 2 mph all day yesterday. That makes all that rain falling in one place bad news as the flooding will probably cause more damage than the wind did.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,615 Senior Member
    Good news.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,615 Senior Member
    Good news.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,794 Senior Member
    That is great news.  Most roads are still blocked by flooding and debris so it will be a while until things normalize in NC.  
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    How is your neck of the woods Wambli? There may be ways to look from drones and Google Earth (?) to see what it looks like from above. 
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,794 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    How is your neck of the woods Wambli? There may be ways to look from drones and Google Earth (?) to see what it looks like from above. 
    Wilmington is still an Island.  My development is apparently reachable but routes vary depending on rivers and creeks flooding.  Stil trying to figure it out...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Oh man, it must be nerve racking having to wait and see how your house is doing. Hope all is good when you get back.
    Any more news on Ned and Mrs Clean?