Home Main Category Clubhouse

Crazy Question, would you like a Home Theater...............

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
So I'm loading up my stuff in a Walmart parking lot and a van pulls up and one passenger says " Excuse me I have a crazy question, would you like a a Home Theater, we have one left over from a job we finished.................."

Funny thing is I heard the same about a year ago............how could you do a job/installation and have one left over? I mean it ain't something anybody/contractor would order extra is it?

I dunno if it was stolen, some kinda roving scam to get you  to buy one and pay exorbitant fees for installation or something.

Anyhow, I always say no, I'm not interested and keep my eye on them until they pull off.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,185 Senior Member
    Like most things sold out of trunks of cars or back of vans, it either fell off the back of a truck or is a Chinese knock off.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole..............lot of old farts at Walmart today, much older than I..................hope none fell fer it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,033 Senior Member
    ...designed to sound great when they turn it on and last about 3-6 moths before it goes to hell.
    Shades of old "Mad Man Muntz"!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Had to look that name up, but remember his face and I've seen him on TV before years ago. quite the character.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Or after the offer to “install it” they get in your home ... and as a wise man from Missouri says ... “No es bueno!”
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I'd rather have a moments piece to load my car😣
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Used to have some guys that would stop at the shop looking to unload electronics, VCR tapes (later DVDs) & even meat or seafood.  It always seemed like they had the same story... they're at "the EXPO center" (the nearest "EXPO" center was about an hour and a half away) and had some stock left over that hadn't sold yet, blah, blah, blah.  I got a kick out of the electronics guys especially, trying to get you to believe that "Kentech" was a division of Kenwood, or that "JVW" was "made by JVC for export, but the exporters pulled out, so we're stuck selling these here".

There was always a (not so) believable story to go along with the sale, explaining how it was possible they could be selling "X" for pennies on the dollar... The spiel was always the same, basically "we're losing money transporting it if we're take it back with us", but never explaining how it cost them more to do that than to sell at a 95% discount...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I will take two... and a couple gold chains... and a watch!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine