Home Main Category Clubhouse

Continuum on Netflix

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Thought I'd try it out and have watched a few episodes. Not bad, I liked it more than I thought I would.

A Canadian ScFi cop movie where a female cop called a 'Protector' from the year 2077 inadvertently is transported back to the year 2012 with a group of criminal terrorist at the moment they were about to be executed.

Along with a computer nerd who discovers her not yet in use comms frequency (he invented) they convince the police she is a on a secret mission and is an government agent sent to track down the gang.

I believe there are 42 episodes in all.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Except for the cop, the gang and the computer nerd knowing what is going on, most of the show so far is in 2012 (where they have no clue she and the gang are from the future) time with flashbacks or forwards to her memories of 2077. Which makes it easy to follow and entertaining.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    edited September 2018 #3

Here this explains it better than I can.......I diidn't read it all to not spoil what happens in episodes  I haven't seen yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(TV_series)

"City Protective Services (CPS) law enforcement officer Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols) lives a quiet, normal life with her husband and son in 2077-era Vancouver. Under the corporatocratic and oligarchic dystopia of the North American Union and its Corporate Congress, life goes on in apparent freedom under a technologically advanced high-surveillance police state.

When a group of self-proclaimed freedom fighters known as Liber8 escape execution by fleeing to the year 2012, Kiera is involuntarily transported with them into the past. Joining with Detective Carlos Fonnegra (Victor Webster) of the Vancouver Police Department and enlisting the help of teen computer genius — and future corporate oligarch — Alec Sadler (Erik Knudsen), Kiera works to track down and thwart Edouard Kagame (Tony Amendola) and his followers in the present day while concealing her identity as a time-traveller from the future.

Kagame and the members of Liber8 plot to alter the past to avert the rise of a dictatorial and Orwellian corporate regime to be stopped at all costs. Meanwhile, Kiera knows that Alec Sadler will become the future corporate mogul and head of SadTech, one of the mega-corporations that dominate the world in 2077. Liber8 also attempts to alter the past by going after an agricultural chemical company, Sonmanto, which through the use of genetically modified food plants created a situation in the future where independent small farms are illegal. Sonmanto also makes a bio-weapon in the future, for which they also sell the antidote."

Well I'm hooked on the show now after watching some more episodes.

It is also more 'Family Friendly' if you have younger ones who may be watching too. That is, the sex scenes are not as explicit as most these days............violence is there. 
    Liber8
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

Here this explains it better than I can.......I diidn't read it all to not spoil what happens in episodes  I haven't seen yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(TV_series)

"City Protective Services (CPS) law enforcement officer Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols) lives a quiet, normal life with her husband and son in 2077-era Vancouver. Under the corporatocratic and oligarchic dystopia of the North American Union and its Corporate Congress, life goes on in apparent freedom under a technologically advanced high-surveillance police state.

When a group of self-proclaimed freedom fighters known as Liber8 escape execution by fleeing to the year 2012, Kiera is involuntarily transported with them into the past. Joining with Detective Carlos Fonnegra (Victor Webster) of the Vancouver Police Department and enlisting the help of teen computer genius — and future corporate oligarch — Alec Sadler (Erik Knudsen), Kiera works to track down and thwart Edouard Kagame (Tony Amendola) and his followers in the present day while concealing her identity as a time-traveller from the future.

Kagame and the members of Liber8 plot to alter the past to avert the rise of a dictatorial and Orwellian corporate regime to be stopped at all costs. Meanwhile, Kiera knows that Alec Sadler will become the future corporate mogul and head of SadTech, one of the mega-corporations that dominate the world in 2077. Liber8 also attempts to alter the past by going after an agricultural chemical company, Sonmanto, which through the use of genetically modified food plants created a situation in the future where independent small farms are illegal. Sonmanto also makes a bio-weapon in the future, for which they also sell the antidote."

...are you sure that Kiera is on the right side in this fight? 
    edited September 2018 #7
    Nope................All very interesting.

I think I've watched about 26 of the 42 episodes so far.

Liber8 or Protector?????
    Well I finished the series and it was pretty good. I won't spoil the final outcome, though.

The lines are murky between what is right and wrong throughout. Gotta pay attention to time lines as they shift the characters back and forth and what their motives are/were/will be.