Home Main Category Hunting

After 6 years I lost my lease.

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,429 Senior Member
I didn't do anything wrong, but the guy that sub leases it to me's brother has kids and in-laws and he is leasing two positions. Since I was a sub lease anyway, I lose.
There's one more guy on the lease that is on the verge of being kicked off but they don't have hard evidence yet. Ted, the guy that sub leased to me said if he screws up and gets caught he's gone and I'm back on. I don't want to wish him any bad luck but he's screwed our hunting up the last few years. If the bosses knew what myself and my son in law know he'd be gone right now. We will see.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• ojrojr Senior Member New ZealandPosts: 1,341 Senior Member
    Hope it works out in your favour Snake.
    I went hunting last evening, got within 250m of a Fallow stag but he winded me and disappeared over the side of the hill never to be seen again
    There is something to be said for the wait for them to come to you Stand hunting. Unfortunately it's all open Tussock country where I hunt.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
    Mike, 

First welcome back to the US and the great state of Texas!  Dang that sucks on all levels.  Hopefully you'll get back on!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Yea, welcome back. Hope you work things out with it.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #5
    The worst thing about all this is I have to get all my stuff off the lease soon and I have a lot of stuff accumulated there. But as for crying over the lease? I've been thinking. I have a friend who is a waterfowl guide that does goose hunts AND Hog hunts. I'm thinking we may just book one of each, buy a case or two of heavy shot and go kill hogs and geese. I'm going to see if he can book me for shooting Speckle Bellies. As for hogs, no big boars for me, I want a couple nice sows and some choats. I'll also put in for state deer hunts. If I can get us a couple deer a year I'm happy. And my new step son won't care if he shoots a deer OR a hog, I think he'll be happy.

I think there can be life after deer lease.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Yea, welcome back. Hope you work things out with it.
    Thanks Early, it's nice to be back and not lonely anymore.
    edited September 2018 #7
    Mike, 

First welcome back to the US and the great state of Texas!  Dang that sucks on all levels.  Hopefully you'll get back on!
    Thanks Ol' Buddy. It's nice to be back. No matter where ya go, and you may enjoy it very much, as I do the Philippines, but there's absolutely no place on this planet like the good ol' USA !
    edited September 2018 #8
    ojr said:
    Hope it works out in your favour Snake.
    I went hunting last evening, got within 250m of a Fallow stag but he winded me and disappeared over the side of the hill never to be seen again
    There is something to be said for the wait for them to come to you Stand hunting. Unfortunately it's all open Tussock country where I hu.nt.
    ojr, sounds like you got it down pat Bro! Maybe some day I can come visit you and Alec and take in some hunting NZ style. From what I hear and the pics I see, you guys live in the REAL Sportsman's Paradise.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

Sorry about the lease, but good to see you're back in the Lone Star state.  Hopefully, it will all work out.

There are a LOT of high fence operations around here.  Yesterday we took a drive in the country, and saw 2 big bull elk, an eland, several black buck antelope (one was white), and (I think) a spring bok.  Also saw some whitetails and some small sheep that might have been aoudad or mouflon.  Not sure.

If you have the dough and are willing to pay, there's plenty of hunting opportunities around here.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 362 Member
    Ouch!

Hopefully you'll get things sorted out and be back on woods asap!
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
    -William Blake-
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    It's probably because you're using a .270.  :smiley:
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    BAM!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Texas as soon as I can get there.Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    The worst thing about all this is I have to get all my stuff off the lease soon and I have a lot of stuff accumulated there. But as for crying over the lease? I've been thinking. I have a friend who is a waterfowl guide that does goose hunts AND Hog hunts. I'm thinking we may just book one of each, buy a case or two of heavy shot and go kill hogs and geese. I'm going to see if he can book me for shooting Speckle Bellies. As for hogs, no big boars for me, I want a couple nice sows and some choats. I'll also put in for state deer hunts. If I can get us a couple deer a year I'm happy. And my new step son won't care if he shoots a deer OR a hog, I think he'll be happy.

I think there can be life after deer lease.

Tell me about the State Deer hunts.  I am back in the Republic and looking to find a place to hunt next year.
    Call Parks and Wildlife, 800-792-1112. You apply on line for drawings. There's several catagories and several Wildlife Management Areas to put in for. They open it up in May or June for application for the drawings. There's fees for each drawing. Check it out ahead of time so you can read up on each WMA.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

Regarding public land hunts in Texas, most seem to be archery or shotgun only, or only for quail or predators.  The information I got is from the Texas Parks and Wildlife web site, posted below.  There may be other sources of information, but this is all I can find.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/public/annual_public_hunting/

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Call Parks & Wildlife. There's all kinds of Hog and Deer hunts, youth hunts, exotics. I don't know what you saw or read but evidentally you didn't see all of it.