whats on your wall?

foxbasherfoxbasher MemberPosts: 45 Member
just wondering what sort of guns folks have "hanging" around. ive got this one sat on the fireplace now, ive had the pistol a while but only just finished making the case for it. the box was old, all i did was refinish it with a new interior.
DSCF3467.jpg

DSCF3468.jpg

Replies

• airheadairhead Member Posts: 424 Member
    None on the wall. Too many grandkids running around. Everything lives in a large metal strongbox.
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • foxbasherfoxbasher Member Posts: 45 Member
    most of mine live in the safe too. ive got a few on the wall that went out of "proof" and ended up unsafe to shoot so i had them deactivated, now their safe and legal for me to store or display wherever i like.
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Nice job on the box project! Except for the plastic baggie for the balls, us downwind shooters need a BIT more pride than that... :hand:

(although I keep pre-greased and cut patches for my rifle in a film canister, so who am I to complain?)
    yeah the bag looks crappy but its not staying. if the case is tipped up the ball dont stay there and end up rolling around in the box. now its finished the baggie's in the bin.
    An alternative depending on how "crafty" you want to get - I've seen original and reproduction boxes with hinged lids, secured by a small hook, on compartments holding bullets or the smaller cleaning gear. You could get a small brass hinge (chek out the supplies at Dixie Gun Works for a start!) cut a small piece of thin plywood or scrapwood to fit, either stain it or cover it in felt, and keep the balls in the case. The folding knife looks really good, by the way!
    An alternative depending on how "crafty" you want to get - I've seen original and reproduction boxes with hinged lids, secured by a small hook, on compartments holding bullets or the smaller cleaning gear. You could get a small brass hinge (chek out the supplies at Dixie Gun Works for a start!) cut a small piece of thin plywood or scrapwood to fit, either stain it or cover it in felt, and keep the balls in the case. The folding knife looks really good, by the way!
    thanks, ive got about 30cm square of the felt leftover so ill give it a go. the folders old and out of my collection, i think it used to belong to my great uncle at one point.
    foxbasher wrote: »
    ...the folders old and out of my collection, i think it used to belong to my great uncle at one point.

Even better, history and a personal link.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Just this, it came from a Wis Home Guard unit.
    wi.jpg 101.3K
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    I made an old timey, bunk house gun rack for my bedroom out of landscaping timbers and dowel rods. My Great Plains Rifle, High Wall and Sharps live there...except when the house is unoccupied for an extended spell...then they go in the vault...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    A clock, some pictures, a cross made of antlers and my TV is all I have hanging on my wall. No need to display anything to attract attention in case anyone gets curious. I like to maintain some opsec to anyone nosey enough to poke around. Everything that is not a designated defensive weapon is locked up nice and tight. Anything that is designated as a defensive weapon is usually on me or the Mrs. or either locked up or hidden away for quick access.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,420 Senior Member
    Antlers (4) and a turkey's tail spread...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    Well, since we're talking about things other than firearms...I have some deer antlers, a tail from the biggest Eastern Turkey I've shot to date,

a pair of wood ducks my youngest son and I shot out of the same flock when he was 12 or so

006-3.jpg

and the skull of on old herd bull from the bison refuge where I work

003-1.jpg
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member

A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    Sorry for the poor pic...
    gunwall.jpg
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Dare I ask........How many of those are loaded with rat shot? :jester:

No guns on my walls some deer bobcats and a fisher though

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0550_edited-2.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    Dare I ask........How many of those are loaded with rat shot? :jester:

I am SO not going there... :spittingcoffee:
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    This is the only gun related item on my walls.
    Vaultdoorinstalled.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,853 Senior Member
    Only this:

SDC11181-Copy.jpg

Here in the U.S. and especially down here within 250 miles of Mexico, it is NOT healthy to put guns on your wall unless your whole house is a fortress or a safe. i keep most of my guns locked away in a safe and sometimes they (the Criminals) have been known to take safe and all, if it's not bolted down good.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.