Home Main Category Hunting

Longhorns Foxpro and hog calls...priceless!

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,440 Senior Member
I auctioned off a couple of hog hunts for a local  christian charity event and had a father and son come out last night.  I had his 31 year old son a 2009 A&M grad to boot and my son took his dad.  I brought my Foxpro game caller in hopes of attracting hog.  My three longhorns came in with a couple cows to the game feeder for a corn snack.  To be honest I've never had any game pictures with hogs and deer or cows and hogs together.  

The Foxpro speaker was 50 yards away from the feeder.  I sent some hog grunts and squeals out over the airwaves.  Without hesitation all of the cows turn, ran hard, zero'd in and stormed the Foxpro.  The longhorns were using their 6' plus wide horns to tear up the ground and Foxpro.  The moos and grunts they were making were the likes I've never heard.  I finally shut the Foxpro off so they didn't destroy it.  They stomped around for 30 seconds and wondered off into the woods.  I've never seen anything like it.

My son had a herd of 20 hogs or so come in and the dad missed one under the green lights at 60 yards.  I felt we had done our jobs as guides and good steward's for an auctioned hog hunt.  His son and I I hunted until almost 1 am when the rains came pouring in for the night.  The new X-Sight 4K Pro night vision exceeded all expectations on the first real night out hunting with it.  All we saw were some rabbits and raccoons but it worked great! 
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21