Home Main Category Clubhouse

A new magazine that may have some interesting artifices.

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,558 Senior Member

My question is, what if you don't have a DD-214?
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    My DD-214 says, "Guy was a total wussie air force guy..."
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,558 Senior Member
    My DD-214 says, "Guy was a total wussie air force guy..."
    I'm pretty sure the article says how to spin it into Pararescue or even Force Recon Marine.
    Overkill is underrated.
    I do know an instructor who, looking at what he says his MOS was for his classes, when said MOS was implemented, his service dates, and what he told me he did WHEN HE WAS IN THE SERVICE... none of it adds up.  Not trying to downplay his service, just that what he said he did and the options then available don't coincide.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,862 Senior Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,182 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #6
    "Menacing Forearm Tattoos to Make You Look Like a Total BADASS"...
    HA! Show me a "tramp stamp" - they hurt a LOT more than anything on the forearm!. :smiley:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    Does it have a forum linked to it?

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,278 Senior Member
    Do I need tactical instruction to spend my life behind the wheel, at the loading dock, at the grocery store, in the kitchen, in the laundry room etc., so forth and so on?????

I don't even have a tatoo or any sun glasses........
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I got yer DD-214 right here. The USS Tracy. Commissioned 9 March 1920 and decommissioned 9 January 1946 after fighting in the Pacific in WWII. She was in Pearl Harbor for major retrofit in 7 December 1941 when the Japanese attacked. Here's a decent write-up of her record at sea. Not shabby for a little spit kit of a destroyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Tracy_(DD-214)

GO NAVY!!!!!!

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,365 Senior Member
    My DD-214 says, "If he ever shot anybody, it was either an ND or blindazz luck." Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    das68 said:

Naw, you gotta be a verified 'Operator' with credentials to subscribe or join the forum.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    das68 said:

ARF.com
    Overkill is underrated.
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Naw, you gotta be a verified 'Operator' with credentials to subscribe or join the forum.

I only have a green corrugated hut and a black box.

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,289 Senior Member
    I guess BS-ers' Magazine or Posers Magazine was too on the nose.

I'm sure their main feature is, "How to talk like a total bad-ass online -- And your parents will never find out!"

"Come up with a NEW Shooting Style that doesn't work AT ALL!" --- Aren't the Call of Duty commandos on YouTube doing that already?

This can't be a real magazine. It has to be one of those joke things.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

I do know an instructor who, looking at what he says his MOS was for his classes, when said MOS was implemented, his service dates, and what he told me he did WHEN HE WAS IN THE SERVICE... none of it adds up.  Not trying to downplay his service, just that what he said he did and the options then available don't coincide.
    If you still have his email, send him a subscription.

I'm sure one of the articles in there reads, "Tips to remembering your BS before someone calls you on it!"
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member

“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    NCFUBAR said:

Wait -- I can't see his Bad-Ass operator tattoos!

Looks like me on the weekend after a bottle of Jack Daniels and a couple of bad sausages!

That whole fit more chew article could come in handy though. :D

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,918 Senior Member

My question is, what if you don't have a DD-214?
    That’s funny right there. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,194 Senior Member
    When did you meet Richard Blumenthal?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    There used to be some fellers on here that did those magazine cover things from time to time that were a laugh riot. They're still here. Maybe they need to get back in the game!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,644 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    There used to be some fellers on here that did those magazine cover things from time to time that were a laugh riot. They're still here. Maybe they need to get back in the game!
    You talking about me and my "Redneck Times" covers???
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

"Redneck Times"? Do share!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    How about "8 advanced tactics for deploying the operator beard in cqb "
    Don't forget the glue on "Operator Beard" for those rapid deployments in the bedroom!

My MOS was Crème de la Crème - Door Gunner on the Space Shuttle
    My MOS was Crème de la Jodhpurs in the presence of morally oblique vacuous courtesans.

I still think I have my "Special Boots".

zorba said:
    HA! Show me a "tramp stamp" - they hurt a LOT more than anything on the forearm!. :smiley:
    "Tramp Stamp Commandos", now there's an article for the next generation!

edited October 2018 #29
    There's actually a website:
    https://maxvelocitytactical.com/2014/09/17/new-tactical-instructor-magazine/

Obviously done as a gag!

"Yes!

Love it!

I’m working on the MVT N-grip – it takes the C-grip and makes it even better, by moving the support hand from the 9 o’clock position round to the 12 o’clock position. It helps to counter muzzle rise in recoil, and results in faster follow up shots. It means you can’t see your sights/optics. but let’s not get stuck on minor details.

Because if you are not doing the N-grip, you have no idea what yo are talking about!

Max" -- Max Velocity Tactical

If they actually publish an issue, I might just order it as a gag and take it to my next IDPA match. :D I'll leave it lying around so others can "find it!"

You guys have to read about the MVT Battle Belt:
    https://maxvelocitytactical.com/2013/11/12/mvt-battlebelt-evolution/

It's just hilarious. I think Gecko 45 finally found something useful to do with his time. :D:D:D

Spk said:
    zorba said:
    "Tramp Stamp Commandos", now there's an article for the next generation!
    Now I get to clean my monitor... I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,644 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    "Redneck Times"? Do share!
    I had more, but these are the only 2 that remain

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.