What handloading tool do you use the LEAST?

2»

Replies

• sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    I seldom use my dry case mouth luber. It just sits there on still has dry lube in it, but, never used. May remount it in a more acessable position and start using it. I like it but never use it.
  • PegasusPegasus Senior Member Posts: 2,594 Senior Member
    That's another one that I had forgotten. I used it eons ago, when the last dinosaurs were dying out. Since I started using bushing dies, I threw away all my expander balls (yet another object I no longer use) and dismounted the now-useless case mouth lube thing.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    Another thing I use very infreaquently is my flash hole deburrer. It, like my outside neck turning tool I only use once. It's not that the tool is no longer important to me. On the contrary, they are both very important steps in my case prep. However, for my use, I don't need them but the first time I prep new cases. Then they both go back in the box until I have another batch of new brass. But these tools don't get used each time because the brass would become too thin in places if I used them each time. As it is I only can see using them the one time.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    That would be my beam scale. I only keep it as a back up.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Are you a Chargemaster kind of a guy? I have two beam scales (one now earmarked for SS3,) and I haven't used either one in several years. But I do like to have a backup, just like you.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,035 Senior Member
    Expander ball, beam scale or Bersin.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Pegasus wrote: »
    Are you a Chargemaster kind of a guy? I have two beam scales (one now earmarked for SS3,) and I haven't used either one in several years. But I do like to have a backup, just like you.

I'm running the RCBS powder pro and dispenser.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,545 Senior Member
    I've completely quit using my powder trickler. I find I can tap out those last few grains directly into the pan of my scale from my powder scoop as well as I could from a trickler.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Buford wrote: »
    I'm running the RCBS powder pro and dispenser.

I don't even know what a powder pro and dispenser is. I'm looking at the RCBS site and the only thing that comes back on the search for powder pro is the Powder Expanders-PRO, which seems to be a device that used on a progressive press. How would you set that without a scale of some kind?
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,508 Senior Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    The priming arm on the press. I use a hand held auto-prime........Robin

That could be the winner. I've never used mine. Never even taken out of the bag.
    Beam scale is gathering quite a bit of dust too.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,386 Senior Member
    First RCBS inertia bullet puller next would be Forester trimmer.
    Pegasus wrote: »
    I don't even know what a powder pro and dispenser is. I'm looking at the RCBS site and the only thing that comes back on the search for powder pro is the Powder Expanders-PRO, which seems to be a device that used on a progressive press. How would you set that without a scale of some kind?

It's pretty much an older Charge master before they made it as one unit. My scale and dispenser communicate by infrared beam.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    Also, I realize that brass flows under heat and pressure. But I have not seen a need to re-turn my case necks or re-deburr the flash holes YET. So that's why I said I only use those tools once per brass. However, I haven't even reached 10 loadings on any cartridge I load yet, so we'll see if some need it again.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • LOLLOL Member Posts: 41 Member
    My powder dippers are getting less use. Now days I use a auto dispencer with scales