Home Main Category Clubhouse

Those F-35B's are very stealthy.

das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

You can't make out a bloody one on that flight deck.

Replies

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Probably because that's not a US aircraft carrier, so here ya go.  I found one hiding in the hangar bay, and they brought it up for you...

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    There's a wing of them here at Eglin and they're too noisy to be stealthy. I thing they're actually louder than F-4's or 111's.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #4
    Gila said:
    Probably because that's not a US aircraft carrier, so here ya go.  I found one hiding in the hangar bay, and they brought it up for you...

No need.

They've been very busy training.

And a first, also.
    BAE Systems test pilot Peter Wilson makes history as he conducts the first ever shipborne rolling vertical landing (SRVL) on board HMS Queen Elizabeth.
      They will have a hook on it soon.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    "Stealth" makes me wonder. Advocates say stealth jets are virtually invisible - they have the radar signature of a bird, not an airplane. Right. A bird flying at 700 MPH. Naw, that's not an American fighter - it's just a really fast …  bird. Tweet-tweet! WHOOOOOSH goes the Russian  S-400 AA missile, aimed right for that … really fast … bird. …………….BOOM! 
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Suposedly because the radar return is the size of a bird the computer software edits it out of the radar display.  Of course I suppose it would be possible to tell the computer to flag any "birds" doing in excess of 200 knts.