Home Main Category Clubhouse

End of an era

LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior MemberPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
My LGS, Virginia Arms, is closing after 21 years.  The owner told me he’s just ready for something new; business is good but slower than a few years ago, and he just feels like it’s time.

He and his crew have become good friends of mine after all these years - I was one of his first customers - so it’s sad to see him close the store down.  Soon as the last items are gone, he’ll turn out the lights and lock up for the last time.

I’m glad he’s not just selling the store and name that he’s built to some schmoe who might ruin its reputation.  He’s earned the right to keep that memory and end on a high note.

And yes, I did bring home one for the road.  I wish him well in his next enterprise.
“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,288 Senior Member
    I felt the same way when King Custom closed it's doors. I still use their parts in my guns.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain