Merry Christmas to me

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberPosts: 3,760 Senior Member
Got the word, a few days before Christmas, that I'd be getting a raise. Seems "Corporate" had decided, probably after years of research and millions of dollars, that they were losing trained employees to others factories because the other factories were paying MORE MONEY...........DUH. I received a letter, today, that spelled out everything and informed me that my pay increase would be a mere 19.8%. Guess I can make do with that. :silly: Wish we had a "tall cotton" emoticon.
And, after 2 months on nights, I won the bid on job, on a day shift.........actually.....I was the only person to bid on it.........there were others that wanted the day shift but didn't watch the board for job postings. Night shifts suck.........12 hour night shifts SUCK! Was getting just 3 or 4 hours sleep during the day.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    Congrats, when and were is the party?
    You're buying right :tooth: :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,386 Senior Member
    That's great olesniper. The CEO of our company said that if anyone wanted to make more money they need to go find another job.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Congratulations. This means more guns right?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    Congratulations. I used to like swing shift, that not having to answer to the alarm clock thing. But now being on days I'm liking it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Nice, we only get 3.6% and I thought I was happy.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.