Home Main Category Clubhouse

Catfish Like Rib Rub...

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
So, I went from cut bluegill to hotdogs, then to hotdogs soaked in garlic powder with 1/3 cup of pickle juice. Caught fish on each of these baits with no discernible difference in bite frequency. I've heard they eat anything.

So, yesterday I went and caught a dozen 3" bluegill. Took them home and cut them in half (after I put them to sleep with ice) and put them in a jar of pickle juice with a couple table spoons of my favorite rib rub! Let them soak over night.

Today, at 1300, I tossed one on my rig and threw it into about 8 feet of water about 10 yards from the bank and before I could rig another line, I had my supper! It was only about a 26 inch Channel, but it was evidently in the mood for barbecue! 

I'm surprised. The rib rub has a lot of pepper in it. Maybe I should add jalepeno?
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I guess you got some highfalutin catfish that like good culinary presentations for lunch! :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,939 Senior Member
    Interesting. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    Mmmm.... catfish!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Channel catfish below Watts Bar Dam like slices of chicken breast. That's what a friend of mine uses to catch them. I asked him why he used $3.50 a pound chikkin breast to catch $1.50 a pound channel cats. He said, "Because they hit it." Can't beat that logic, I guess, maybe.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams