Home Main Category Clubhouse

South Dakota inmate cracks traffic joke before execution

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Gallows humor, by the guest of honor.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I always like this scene in Hang'em High  where the guy about to be hung asks for a chaw of tobacco..........at about the 5:01 mark.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    edited October 2018 #4
    Well, I found out that you can't delete a Draft you didn't know the stupid software on the forum saved. I've tried 3 times to delete it, so I just replaced the Frickafrackin Draft with this. Stupid software!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,183 Senior Member
    Here's the non-intuitve answer:
    You know that list of stuff that used to be on the right that became Democratic and moved to the left? "Categories, Recent Threads, Activity..." etc. When there are auto-saved drafts, a "drafts" entry appears, click it. The list of drafts will appear with NO FRIGGIN CLUE as to what to do. Mouse over/near the draft text, and an "X" will appear. Click it, and the draft disappears. Repeat as necessary.
    I don't understand the reasoning behind all this mouseover to find action icons is all about - so I'll blame it on smart "devices"! Nor do I really understand all the server side activity, but "whatever".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Here's the non-intuitve answer:
    You know that list of stuff that used to be on the right that became Democratic and moved to the left? "Categories, Recent Threads, Activity..." etc. When there are auto-saved drafts, a "drafts" entry appears, click it. The list of drafts will appear with NO FRIGGIN CLUE as to what to do. Mouse over/near the draft text, and an "X" will appear. Click it, and the draft disappears. Repeat as necessary.
    I don't understand the reasoning behind all this mouseover to find action icons is all about - so I'll blame it on smart "devices"! Nor do I really understand all the server side activity, but "whatever".
    I clicked the 'X' three freakin' different times and the freakin' stupid draft was at the bottom of the thread AFTER I refreshed the thread EVERY FREAKIN' TIME! No wonder the forum has lost so many members that used to be here. EVERY TIME the software is changed it gets WORSE!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,646 Senior Member
    I have the same problem as Mike. I click the "x"  and all it does is take me to the thread it saved it in
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,824 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #8
    knitepoet said:
    I have the same problem as Mike. I click the "x"  and all it does is take me to the thread it saved it in
     Same here. I point on the X and the thread title lights and takes me to it.
    Sigh...

Well, it used to work...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    edited October 2018 #10
    You guyz are right - same thing happened to me just now when I did a test.

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Sigh...

Well, it used to work... 

I just tried to do it on purpose, and now it's all buggered up.  So much for progress...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    SEE! I might be a redneck, but I ain't a DUMB redneck! :D:D:D :
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,862 Senior Member
    Oh NO  Frickafrackin

Murderer will eat a last meal of pickled pig knuckles and tails before being executed by electric chair tonight after choosing it over lethal injection

Death row inmate says, ‘Let’s rock,’ before dying on Tennessee electric chair

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #16
    The article says he chose 'Ol Sparky not because he felt electrocution is humane, but because he felt it's is less INhumane.  I guess I'm wondering if there is a "humane" way to kill somebody and also if the "humane-ness" should matter... 

I'll admit I'm ambivalent on the matter of execution.  I am the definition of "flip-flopper" concerning this.  I can argue both sides of it and still not enjoy anything approaching a permanent position.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin