Circa 1958/1959 Ruger Blackhawk Flattop .44 (St. Louis Area)

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,196 Senior Member
Have a very nice unconverted .44 Flattop with 6.5 inch barrel. Original grips. Great condition, but not museum piece. There is only one dealer in the local area who I've identified that ships guns and they charge a very hefty fee that I won't absorb. $600 cash... Firm. I'm not desperate. If I die before I sell it, my kids can worry about it. 

So, if anyone in the St. Louis metro area or a Missouri resident who doesn't live 4 hours away is interested, photos can be provided. Bill of sale will be required. 

No straw sales. If I'm dealing with someone named Tom, the buyer will have to be named Tom.
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,818 Senior Member
    Hi Dan, I'm not in the market but I just wanted to let you know (if you don't already) that it is perfectly legal for you to ship a handgun directly to a buyer FFLs in another state.  I would not do this with anyone you don't trust but I have quite a few GB transactions I have done that way after verifying directly that it is a real FFL I'm shipping to and getting a scanned copy of their license for my personal records.  Hope that helps, sounds like a very nice gun and should go to a good home.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,409 Senior Member
    edited November 1 #3
    My name is Tom  >:)
    This message has been deleted
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,196 Senior Member
    NNNO
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,196 Senior Member
    Wambli, Thanks. I found this out. The post office won't ship handguns, but UPS will to a dealer. Unfortunately, I have to go to a distribution center and not a UPS store. So, I won't know what the fee is until I go there and get it packaged so I can't tell the prospective buyer what it's going to cost. 

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,818 Senior Member
    Anytime my friend.  I normally package and print the labels at home and then just drop off.  Much faster.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton