Pizza Delivery

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 19,969 Senior Member
When you didn’t order pizza. 

Doorbell rings at 9PM this evening and it’s a pizza delivery guy. 

We didn't order pizza. 

When dad acquires a firearm enroute to the door, everyone knows the drill and goes to their AOR. 

Crack door without presentation. He won’t make eye contact. Right number. Wrong street. Leaves. 

Couple minutes later, another car in drive shining light at house, then leaves. 

Kill all lights inside and out and through the back door I go. 

A little investigation leads to the discovery that the same number house on a different street is having a shindig. 

No harm. No foul. 

Have a plan. 
"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• das68das68 Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 4 #2

Without a good plan, you could have ended up with pizza and fireworks at home.

I went out and had fireworks with pizza and a Whaley Burger (the veggie option);

and the failure of a poor plan was celebrated, over 400 years later.

History is littered with wars which everybody knew would never happen.

Enoch Powell

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,282 Senior Member
    I don't answer the door unless I want to.

My son knows the plan. Knows how to see who's there without being seen.

No big deal, here in the hood.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,407 Senior Member
    you did not ask if it was a free pizza
    This message has been deleted
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,605 Senior Member
    For cryin' out loud - pizzas out for delivery are already paid for over the Internet or by phone. You guys blew a free dinner. Plus you could have called the store and complained about the pizza, and the manager would have given you another one or a free giant cookie desert.   
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,969 Senior Member
    edited November 4 #6
    Guess I’m not a dishonest person. 
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,320 Senior Member
    Have a plan.  And test it.  You did.  😁
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,407 Senior Member
    draft edit
    This message has been deleted
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,205 Senior Member
    Family plan of action successfully tested.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,519 Senior Member
    Never know, better safe than sorry.

Reminds me of what happened to me one night outside Fort Hood in Killeen TX back in 2001 or so. Heard a banging and metallic crashing noise at my front door. Was renting a duplex, they were big like large houses and all looked alike.......red brick..........dozens of them for blocks around.

Anyway, then he started banging on my door and violently shaking the door knob....sounded like he was trying to break in. I grabbed my S&W model 27 .357 mag loaded with 158 grain JHPS.

I told Mrs Chief to grab the phone and get ready to call 911. I yelled you come through that door and I'm gonna shoot you. Then I pulled the floor length blinds apart that covered the floor to almost ceiling windows. Then I tapped on the window with the barrel and told him again I would shoot him........

He looks over and says 'I guess I got the wrong house' then I realized he was drunk as a skunk and had dropped a BBQ grill by the front door and tried to get in......I yelled for him to leave and told him he almost got shot and would have if he came through the front door.

Come to find out he lived the next block behind me in an identical duplex. He worked construction and must of had an after work BBQ and been drinking for hours. 

He put his grill back in his truck and after he left I saw him pull in to the driveway a block behind me from my yard..........I'm glad I didn't shoot through the door, but if he had manged to get in I would have shot him fer sure.

People do stupid things especially when drunk........on second thought I probably should have told Mrs Chief to call 911 anyway and they could have got him for DUI, he was a typical Bubba construction worker just trying to make a living.........he never did come back and apologize, probably he didn't remember or was scared I would shoot him.  
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,815 Senior Member
    Good plan all around and sound thinking figuring out the WHY so you can later go to bed with a clear mind.  I don't want to crack open the door so video/audio options are available cheaply today that would have cut that step out and are an advantage if you are not at home with the family and wife has to manage the scenario.  Just a thought.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,920 Senior Member
    Having a plan and testing it is a good thing. If you aren't expecting company, daylight or dark, and don't recognize the vehicle, then it's good to have a means of protecting yourself close to hand. Nowadays you never know what's gonna show up on the front porch.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,547 Senior Member
    Zee said:

Doorbell rings at 9PM this evening and it’s a pizza delivery guy. 

When dad acquires a firearm enroute to the door, everyone knows the drill and goes to their AOR. 

Crack door without presentation. He won’t make eye contact. Right number. Wrong street. Leaves. 

Couple minutes later, another car in drive shining light at house, then leaves. 

Kill all lights inside and out and through the back door I go. 

A little investigation leads to the discovery that the same number house on a different street is having a shindig. 

No harm. No foul. 

Have a plan. 
    Security lights (have all areas well lit). Security cameras (they're fairly cheap these days and work at night -- in the dark).

Something like this:
    Safevant 8CH 5-in-1 HD

I don't like the idea of opening the door for strangers. For one, you relinquish that first layer of security and flag your position.

My own dad was a tough ole bird when he was around but it drove me crazy when he would open the door for just anyone. If something south, he'd be the first one tagged (the intruder would be the second).

A Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell clears that right up.

I don't need to remind anyone on this forum that foreknowledge (recon) of a potential threat is your best weapon.

I'm glad things turned out well and no one got shot Zee.
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,332 Senior Member
    Nice shorts ;)
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,329 Senior Member
    We have a plan but the few times there was someone at the door the barking and growling of 3 big dogs was enough for them to leave. 

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,969 Senior Member
    Nice shorts ;)
    Walmart, baby!!
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,815 Senior Member
    Had something kind of similar when Erik was still in school.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"