Quick & dirty Ruger pics

LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior MemberPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
Figure I'd pop downstairs and shoot some pics of the two Rugers I got this year, along with the other two in the fambly, since the subject came up in BPSniper's thread.

First, my most recent: my 6" blued GP100, with original-style grips, Bowen rear sight and Millett front sight.
GP100.jpg

Then my new-to-me Security Six snub (this is for you, Chris!).
Security_Six.jpg

And of course, my old Service Six, rockin' the old school Pachmayrs.
Service_Six.jpg

Finally, my .44 Redhawk with some of the last Millett sights they sold before Bushnell killed the line.
Redhawk.jpg

I'll try to shoot some better ones when I have more time.
“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Replies

• Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    Wow. Those are really nice... You suck big time. Those classic sixes are hawt!
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,740 Senior Member
    Keep em coming .....still haven't talked you into a 17 I see

You are wandering toward the dark side
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Thanks! That's the first revolver I ever bought, some 30 years ago.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    Keep em coming .....still haven't talked you into a 17 I see

You are wandering toward the dark side

I know, I know! Part of the issue is that CINCHOUSE wants to renovate the kitchen, so I'm gonna have to choose my next moves very carefully...

NRA Endowment Member
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Good looking family. You should be very proud.

Sako
    I am. :sniff: They're all just so darn perfect...

NRA Endowment Member
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    Very nice, Indeed.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Those are very beautiful hand guns, and that coming from me, a die hard S&W fan. What is this world coming to! hehehe!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    Nice line up, wish I'd gotten a SS redhawk.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    Nice Rugers. I used to own a Redhawk, they are brutes of a revolver. I wouldn't mind owning another and with a replacement spring (a single one if I remember helps the trigger pull). Mine was a 7 1/2". Most S&Ws will edge them out in accuracy, slightly and are a tad more appealing to the eye.

They can handle about any load you want to shoot outta them and then some.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Nice line up, wish I'd gotten a SS redhawk.

At one time they offered a "Blue or Black" stainless Redhawk.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    Sniff sniff... I just sold my pristine blued police service six in .357 for $350 tonight to my buddy. Memories.....;(

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    Negative, ghostrider, it is a .357. I actually had Herrett's Detective stocks on the ServSix for a long time, but for nostalgia I put the old Pachs back on. I do still have the original round butt factory grips, if it makes you feel better...

NRA Endowment Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    ...there will always be a spot in my heart for the Redhawk. If for no other reason than a childhood desire.

That was the impetus behind getting this one. A .44 Redhawk was the first .44 I ever owned, a 7-1/2" back when I was young and stupid, and I foolishly sold it to a good friend who still refuses to sell it back.

When they came out with the 5-1/2" model a few years later, I forgot all about the long one I sold and started plotting for one of these, but life always got in the way. So when this one showed up in the used case a couple years ago, it had to come home with daddy...

NRA Endowment Member
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Nice collection of handguns ya got there!!!!!!!!!! Your Ruger GP 100 is a twin to mine!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Thanks!

NRA Endowment Member
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,499 Senior Member
    Very nice, I love Ruger DA's. Those sixes look to be in excellent condition.

You're KILLING ME with that Redhawk. I've been looking for one forever, it seems like. They're scarce.
  • BlkHawk73BlkHawk73 Member Posts: 149 Member
    A 6", full leg barrel blued GP100 is one of just a couple firearms still on my "gotta get" list. :)
    Did they make the SecSix in 9mm? I used to have a snub ServSix in 9mm, but I've never seen the other...

NRA Endowment Member
    Oh, and thank you.

NRA Endowment Member