Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Alabama elects a female Republican Gov

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,096 Senior Member
Kay Ivey, who was appoint gov, from her elected Lt Gov position, after the previous gov stepped down amid controversy, handily won reelection today.
Her D opponent was Tuscaloosa mayor Walt Maddox, who I STRONGLY opposed due to some of the "shenanigans" he pulled after the 4/27/11 tornado.

(Some of the home destroyed were classified as being in a flood plane, so people were not allowed to rebuild. The city bought the property CHEAP, then, MAGICALLY it's no longer in a flood plane and is sold to developers for condos for students and supporters that come to town for home games)

If he'd do crap like that as just a mayor, I can only imagine how he would screw folks over as Governor

Funny, considering liberals claim Republicans have declared war on women

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    D= Shady shenanigans. Glad she won.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Hope your new governor does a good job and continues to take care of the people in Alabama. I'm really glad Marsha Blackburn beat Phil Bredesen for the U.S. Senate seat vacated by that piece of trash Bob Corker. Corker was a RINO of epic proportions. Both Bredesen and Corker are worthless; they just want to be in the Senate to line their pockets with taxpayer money and shady deals. Blackburn ain't no saint, but she's FAR above those two. And shes Pro Gun and very pro Constitution.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,671 Senior Member
    Corker is lower than whale dung. To me he was worse than a democrud, because he claimed to be on "our" side!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Corker was a 'rooster vacuum'. He was a crooked businessman, and a liar to boot. He was no more a Republican than Chairman Mao.

*rooster vacuum--- think about it and it will come to you as to the meaning. :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Corker was a 'rooster vacuum'. He was a crooked businessman, and a liar to boot. He was no more a Republican than Chairman Mao.

*rooster vacuum--- think about it and it will come to you as to the meaning. :)