Home Main Category Hunting

From zero to success

TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula MemberPosts: 291 Member
Facebook reminded me on monday, 5th of the November that it's been two years since I got my first moose. I have been extremely lucky in these two years and now I have six of them under my belt.

I remember clearly how I shot my first moose on a crisp morning two years ago.  Now it's hard to realise that I have actually shot six of them. It is my understanding that even in US it's pretty rare to get so many chances to shoot moose. I'm very grateful how this has turned out. 

I hope my good luck continues. My aim is to catch my father. He has 24 under his belt but he started hunting them in 2000.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake-

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Ive only seen three or four in my whole life.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,661 Senior Member
    You are on a good run there, and, they are getting bigger as you go.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    Great shooting there ! That is a lot of meat ..... what do you do with that much ?
  • TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 291 Member
    Old Ron said:
    Great shooting there ! That is a lot of meat ..... what do you do with that much ?
    Here in Finland moose hunting is teamwork. A club or entourage can apply for the licenses is they have at least 1000 hectares of suitable land for moose hunting. We have twenty members in our club and for the last three years we have had 17 moose licenses. Meat will be shared between the members. Some of the meat goes to land owners as the ”rent” for the land lease.
    Deer is different story. For this season we have 97 deer license and the shooter keeps the animals he shoots.
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
    -William Blake-
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,101 Senior Member
    Quite the accomplishment.
    Hyvin Tehty!

(I HOPE google didn't butcher the translation too bad)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,503 Senior Member
    Excellent!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"