Ginsberg falls and breaks three ribs!

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,065 Senior Member
Could Trump get a third pick?  

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,920 Senior Member
    A third pick would be nice. Ginsberg is getting pretty old and frail. Tossup between her going crazy, or just not being able to do the job anymore. She's been around since lincoln appointed her to the Supreme Court.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,065 Senior Member
    Looking forward to the left going nuts if she leaves the job!

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,736 Senior Member
    Begone old hag!!!
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED
    THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,714 Senior Member
    Very little would make me happier than seeing her gone and the right getting another pick.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • GilaGila Posts: 488 Member
    BigDanS said:
    Very little would make me happier than seeing her gone and the right getting another pick.
    Yup, and then there would only be three to go...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,818 Senior Member
    Sonia looks like she enjoys fried foods a lot no?  🤣
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Billy_BuddBilly_Budd Posts: 90 Member
    tennmike said:
    She's been around since lincoln appointed her to the Supreme Court.
    LMAO! Now that was funny. "Lincoln" Lol!
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,277 Senior Member
    edited November 8 #9
    I don't want her dead, but I do want her out. Libs are VERY worried right now and I would love to see more of their heads explode.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,204 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
    I don't want her dead, but I do want her out. Libs are VERY worried right now and I would love to see more of their heads explode.
    What he said.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,521 Senior Member
    edited November 9 #11

People concerned about Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s fall are offering their ribs and organs

I guess they will do anything to keep her in and prevent Trump from nominating another justice to SCOTUS.  Me thunks the offers wouldn't be there if she was already retired.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,345 Senior Member
    I flagged this thread hours ago. Nothing wrong with it, but it does not belong in the Clubhouse. Our members that do not wish to engage in discussions of a political nature by avoiding the Politics forum should not have it crammed down their throats in the Clubhouse.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,852 Senior Member
    I flagged it also. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,521 Senior Member
    Hey, SCOTUS is supposed to be Apolitical in their decisions! ;)

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Thanks mods.

Ginsberg-- she has my admiration. The woman beat cancer twice... once colon cancer, the other pancreatic (which is typically a death sentence). Second female SCOTUS justice... her career before that was trail blazing. She is a Great American.

...but I disagree with her judicial philosophy more often than not. She will probably out live all of us.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,760 Senior Member
    pjames777 said:

THIS.  I'm not sure what amuses me more; the notion of Trump getting a third SCOTUS pick with a comfortable Senate majority, or the load that the left just dropped in their pants at the thought of it.

My thoughts on RBG notwithstanding, ANYBODY at that point of decrepitude needs to hang it up.  Her gamble at hanging on due to Obama's snub so Hillary could pick her replacement failed.  Go be a granny.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    pjames777 said:

THIS.  I'm not sure what amuses me more; the notion of Trump getting a third SCOTUS pick with a comfortable Senate majority, or the load that the left just dropped in their pants at the thought of it.
    If that amused you, you will be rolling on the floor before the confirmation of the next Attorney General is over.

Without 'friendly' courts and control of the Justice Dept., the Democrats will be at the mercy of the electoral process.
    Every problem in this country can be solved with a secure voting system that guarantees that only USA Citizens can vote and that EVERY vote is counted fairly, accurately and real time.  But there is ZERO chance in hell Democrat’s will ever work towards that goal...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,158 Senior Member
    Every problem in this country can be solved with a secure voting system that guarantees that only USA Citizens can vote and that EVERY vote is counted fairly, accurately and real time.  But there is ZERO chance in hell Democrat’s will ever work towards that goal...
    Nor will Republicans. Given their minority status, the key way they get to maintain power is by working the system and making it as hard as possible for people who are poor/live in cities to vote. When I was a student the Republican AG made sure there were not nearly enough polling places around campus. I waited for 4 hours to vote against Bush in 2000. In 2004 when I moved to a Republican leaning suburb it took 5 min to vote. The last thing they want is a simple, secure, fair voting system. 

Also for the record this is exactly why I never vote by mail:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/415678-arizona-gop-groups-file-lawsuit-over-mail-in-ballot-counting-in-tight

"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    edited November 9 #20
    She is a Great American.

...but I disagree with her judicial philosophy more often than not. She will probably out live all of us.
    Yeah, she's great. She told a group of Europeans a while back that our Constitution was not a role model that she would recommend to be followed, the one that she swore to uphold. She is constantly trying to subvert it with her legal decisions. Not only that, she sleeps in public a lot.
    Nor will Republicans. Given their minority status, the key way they get to maintain power is by working the system and making it as hard as possible for people who are poor/live in cities to vote. When I was a student the Republican AG made sure there were not nearly enough polling places around campus. I waited for 4 hours to vote against Bush in 2000. In 2004 when I moved to a Republican leaning suburb it took 5 min to vote. The last thing they want is a simple, secure, fair voting system. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/415678-arizona-gop-groups-file-lawsuit-over-mail-in-ballot-counting-in-tight

Yeah, but demonrats make it so easy for illegals and dead people to vote.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,065 Senior Member
    I flagged this thread hours ago. Nothing wrong with it, but it does not belong in the Clubhouse. Our members that do not wish to engage in discussions of a political nature by avoiding the Politics forum should not have it crammed down their throats in the Clubhouse.
    Sorry for my error.  It seems your wish has been granted.  I will strive in the future to pick the correct category.- Patrick

Yeah, but demonrats make it so easy for illegals and dead people to vote.
    I guess Alpha hasn't heard, or is blatantly ignoring, the voting irregularities in Broward County FL AGAIN! The Democrats down there that run the show are up to their old shenanigans for the umpteenth time. One locked ballot box was found in a school yesterday by a teacher. They must have taken the previously stuffed ballot box with them, and forgot to take and dispose of the one with the REAL votes in it!

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member

When I was 'poor,' I made $2.25 an hour, with a wife and a baby, and paid income tax, every year. Not much, but I didn't have much, and it was a strain - often, I paid half of it, and didn't get the rest of it in for another 3-4 months. Also, I got a jury duty summons at least once a year, and I had to go vote at a municipal building that was not at all convenient, and usually had a line that extended down the stairs for 2-3 floors. It was what I had to do, to vote against the A-holes who kept raising my taxes, and it was a civic duty that was ascribed to all adults.

So, boo-hoo, the nasty Republicans are to blame for not giving you valet service on voting day - who cares? If an issue is important enough to march in the streets for or try to threaten or intimidate opposition candidates, it is important enough to ferret out the voting location and stand in line for.

Well, from your post it would seem that those voting precincts you are complaining about were highly likely to have been Democrat run precincts with an all Democrat Elections Board. So while you point a finger at the Republicans, you failed to notice three fingers pointed back at you with the same hand. People used to have to take a day or two to ride horseback or by wagon to the nearest town to cast their vote. Standing in line an hour or three or four to cast a ballot seems small in comparison. If it's a strain to do that, you could just skip voting at all. :)

At least you didn't have to vote absentee ballot by mail, twice, like I did when in the service. The ballots reached me too late to count. One was received the day before the election, and one the day of the election. At the time it took a first class letter A FREAKIN' WEEK to get from the ship in the Mediterranean Sea back to the address in the states. MY freakin' vote didn't get counted either time as they arrived WAY too late.

Ooooorrrrrrrr it could be that in Republican run areas the facilities are ample, modern and convenient.  

When I voted in New York, CT and Florida I wanted to kill myself.  More specific in South Florida where they are in the news every election year with the woman with the crazy hair that loves to buck the law, "find" ballots and destroy evidence.  In North Florida in St. Augustine (again Republican run) it was a piece of cake to vote.  Where I live today, (Republican controlled election boards) it's a 5 minute process, it is secure, fully computerized and the results are available real time with no chance of hanky-panky.  

Makes you think no?  Or maybe not because it does not fit the storyline...
    pjames777 said:
    Sorry for my error.  It seems your wish has been granted.  I will strive in the future to pick the correct category.- Patrick
    It isn't a big deal. All of us post threads in the wrong forums all the time. And while the thread itself doesn't have to be political, I know better than that.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,034 Senior Member
    pjames777 said:
    It isn't a big deal. All of us post threads in the wrong forums all the time. And while the thread itself doesn't have to be political, I know better than that.
    For myself, I don't see how having it in the wrong forum was a cramming of anything, let alone a throat. But then, I tend to ignore stuff I don't care for.  

I feel like I'm missing out when I hear about some of these huge issues that are affecting pretty much nobody. 

In the interest of clarity, I'm not busting Jerm's chops. I'm saying anybody who actually felt throat crammed/oppresed/suppressed/disenfranchised really needs to sit down and examine themselves. Sack up.  Toughen up. Something. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I'm saying anybody who actually felt throat crammed/oppresed/suppressed/disenfranchised really needs to sit down and examine themselves. Sack up.  Toughen up. Something. 
    It isn't really about "them" being thin skinned snowflakes-- to me, it is about "us" showing respect toward others. Basic common courtesy is all. Nothing more.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,852 Senior Member
    pjames777 said:
    For myself, I don't see how having it in the wrong forum was a cramming of anything, let alone a throat. But then, I tend to ignore stuff I don't care for.  

I feel like I'm missing out when I hear about some of these huge issues that are affecting pretty much nobody. 

In the interest of clarity, I'm not busting Jerm's chops. I'm saying anybody who actually felt throat crammed/oppresed/suppressed/disenfranchised really needs to sit down and examine themselves. Sack up.  Toughen up. Something. 
    It’s Simple. 
    Political items stay in the political forum. 
    Not only does it keep the bickering contained (mainly) to one forum, that’s what was agreed upon by the mods,  and I will ALWAYS be that ass hole that reports a political thread when it’s made elsewhere.  
    If not, the libtard demonrat etc haters spew bull **** over the whole forum, not just one section. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    Keeping political threads in the political forum is the key to actually keeping a political forum. When it spreads out and pollutes the entire forum, it is entirely possible that forum administration will decide to pull the plug on political conversations once and for all. I personally do not want to see that.