Home Main Category Clubhouse

Another Mass Shooting

SpkSpk Senior MemberPosts: 4,006 Senior Member
I'm starting to get numb to the frequency of these shooting -- Not Good!

https://www.businessinsider.com/thousand-oaks-shooting-california-2018-11

12 or 13 dead and around a dozen injured.

Shaking my head..........

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,306 Senior Member
    I'm surprised the newly elected aren't promising gun control measures yet
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,860 Senior Member
    The governor elect, "Gruesome" is the author and driving force of 2016's "Gunmageddon" legislation.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    My thoughts and prayers go out the the victims and their families o:)
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,826 Senior Member
    I'm surprised this topic hasn't drawn more response.  A tragedy that will lead to more gun control.  I heard somewhere that there were several cops in the audience, but they were unarmed.  I wonder why?  If some of them, or anyone else, had been armed, the death count could have been  a lot less
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,078 Senior Member
    Several under 21 years old were shot.
    No Ar15 was used. 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    "Illegal" hi-cap mags were used........CA.......was it a Glock with those extended mags or just over 10 rds?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    "Illegal" hi-cap mags were used........CA.......was it a Glock with those extended mags or just over 10 rds?
    One report I heard used "extended" the rest have all been "illegal high capacity magazine" (IHCM) with a local NBC affiliate running a scroll at the bottom of the screen saying the IHCM allows the shooter to "fire more than ten rounds at once"...🙄
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    I'm surprised this topic hasn't drawn more response.  A tragedy that will lead to more gun control.  I heard somewhere that there were several cops in the audience, but they were unarmed.  I wonder why?  If some of them, or anyone else, had been armed, the death count could have been  a lot less
    LEO's cannot justify the use of deadly force if they have consumed alcohol in most circumstances.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,826 Senior Member
    Self defense.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,820 Senior Member
    Im kind of inclined to speculate that someone inside that was armed at the time of crisis would have a tactical advantage over someone rushing into the place from outside. Maybe enough to increase the chances of stopping the threat???
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,006 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    LEO's cannot justify the use of deadly force if they have consumed alcohol in most circumstances.
    In most cases... unless it's an Active Shooter call. Recent guidelines make it very clear that you can.
    "Law enforcement/first responders.

When law enforcement arrives on scene, their primary responsibility will be to eliminate the threat. Once the active shooter has been neutralized, they will facilitate the evacuation of survivors and treatment of the injured with first responders." --- CAL OES

CAL OES

Regrettably, good intentions and heroic actions aren't enough. Not all active shooters are gonna be pissed off/mentally deranged people who can't shoot.

This whole incident has been very regrettable.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,794 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Probably because it was a bar, and they were drinking. My LE friends (and myself, the boring .gov employee and armed citizen) who are pretty religious about carrying 24/7 put their pistols away when gratuitous amounts of alcohol come out.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,006 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Another mass shooting among so many already. Regrettably, he was a veteran. Possibly, with PTSD or some other mental problem and this close to Veteran's Day. The whole thing was tragic.

The cops were unarmed, probably because they had plans to do a little drinkin' themselves. Remember the FBI agent that went clubbin' -- does a back-flip, drops his gun then shoots a bystander in the foot?

Lesson Learned: Don't Drink and Carry!