Home Main Category General Firearms

If you're looking for a side charge upper

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,805 Senior Member
These are on sale. 

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca-side-charging-receiver-bcg-combo

Got myself one on the way. Reviews seem good enough to try for $130
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I don't NEED one, but for some reason, I now suddenly WANT one. :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Left hand charging would be good for a rifle, for sure. And ideal for a pistol. Your off hand is right there to work the bolt and other controls.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 316 Member
    Once again, I can thank the enablers here for helping with my Christmas shopping. ;)

Looks like my sons and I will be building Side Charging uppers for the New Year!

Thanks again!
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    I'd contemplated getting one for a while. Any specific build plans? I was thinking of a left hand charging one might be fun for a pistol build. The right hand charging seems like it might be good for a heavy bench gun. 
    I am putting a 22 Nosler together,  finally.  I may have to snag another and build a 6x45. Ive been sitting on 2 striped lowers for a while now
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Upper came in.  From what I've found online,  $130 shipped for an upper WITH BCG is pretty good.  These seem to be real close to the old LAR Grizzly uppers before they were purchased by Freedom Group.  Apparently people left LAR and have been producing these. 

There are still some left.  Go get em. $130 for an upper and BCG is a good deal
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #8
    These are on sale. 

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca-side-charging-receiver-bcg-combo

Got myself one on the way. Reviews seem good enough to try for $130
    I'm ignorant on several subjects, ARs being chief among them. Is the upper about roughly the same portion of the total price of the AR as the lower?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #9
    john.41 said:

Amen to that John, these guys will keep your mad money fund bucket empty for sure, LOL!!! especially that OP guy
    here. He has enabled me a few times.
    But I have to say, he's generally steered me in the right direction.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Ive just looked at other uppers with the BCG included and they're usually 200+ hell some BCG run you $100 alone.  
    That's definitely a deal on an upper WITH the BCG included. Can't wait to see what you come up with, and how it shoots!
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:
    That's definitely a deal on an upper WITH the BCG included. Can't wait to see what you come up with, and how it shoots!
    Going 22N and 300 BO. 300 bbl should be here tomorrow