Interesting study on spelling.

bfunkbfunk MemberPosts: 113 Member
THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclace. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe.

I swear I read half way through this before I realized what was going on, Its late here, and I'm a few beers into the evening, but I could read this as fast usual.

I thought it was interesting, spelling isn't everything...

Brian
Bigslug wrote: »
There is no shame in opting for The Hammer of Bob.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    Yeah...I keep seeing these things...IMHO it was thought up by guys who didn't pay attention in English class to help them feel better about themselves...I've seen resumes come across my desk that were almost as bad as what you've shown...for those job seekers, spelling WAS everything...:tooth:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Funny, because I was reading and improving My spelling and vocabulary at a very early age.
    Even before spell check / Internet.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • bfunkbfunk Member Posts: 113 Member
    I'm not saying that poor spelling is in any way excusable, its just interesting what our brains and eyes are capable of deciphering.
    Bigslug wrote: »
    There is no shame in opting for The Hammer of Bob.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    I'd be more impressed if our brains could decipher:

1. What women are really telling us, rather than what they are saying
    2. how to program the clock on your vcr
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    You still have a VCR?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    Actually, reading stuff like that is an every day event on internet forums.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    You still have a VCR?

Yup, until I replace all the kids movies on digits/dvd....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."