Home Main Category General Firearms

Grampy teaching my granddaughter to shoot

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,056 Senior Member
My six year old granddaughter Kinsley asked if I would teach her to shoot. Without hesitation I grabbed my Browning 22 out of the safe and we headed out to the range. We covered safety the best a six year old could understand. 

I let her load it and we put 50 rounds down range on the steel pig target. I think she did great and she had a blast!
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,932 Senior Member
    Awesome!!!!!
    and she is a cutie
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,960 Senior Member
    Reminds me of a time back when, it just doesn't get any better than that. Good for you and Diver43 is right, she is a cutie.

jay 
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Nothing better!
    Cloudy here today too.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,400 Senior Member
    Little Annie Oakley in the making! Looks like everyone is enjoying the shooting, but her grin kind of says she's enjoying it the MOST! :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,647 Senior Member
    Get her a Henry Mini-Bolt, you will like it too.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,660 Senior Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,098 Senior Member
    good job
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    That brings back soooo many memories! I lived in a city and could only make it to a free range area on a rare occasion. If I may be so bold... I bought Daisy Saddle stocked BB Guns for my three kids and used a jig saw, router and file to shape stocks that fit them. The stocks were plastic and too long for them. I cut new stocks from Oak, Cherry and Birch so the stock would fit the kid and I didn't have to work on bad habit latter. They still have their custom BB guns. Later I bought seconds from the gun manufacturers and chopped them to fit until the fit a full sized stock.

Alas my children are far away. Enjoy it grandpa!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink: