Home Main Category Clubhouse

Tractor Driven by Dog Kills Millionaire Farmer

SpkSpk Senior MemberPosts: 3,962 Senior Member
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,659 Senior Member
    {Insert snarky comments about non-clutch transmissions here}, but that REALLY sucks. Are charges pending against the dog?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Tractors have been made 'convenient for the inept' that can't use a clutch and a stick shift or multiple stick shifts of the older ones. You can drive most of them now like a car, as they have automatic transmissions, or variations thereof. The old clutch and shifter models couldn't be 'inadvertently put in gear' as the transmissions had to have the clutch and pressure plate disengaged before shifting in gear, otherwise a very loud gear grinding would result.

And even with the older tractors, dogs and little kids do not belong in the cab ALONE AND UNSUPERVISED.  Too much to go wrong really fast. Darwin works in mysterious ways.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    What was it that Mel Gibson said in Braveheart? 

"Every man dies.  Not every man dies giving the world a really bizarre headline".

Or something like that. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Sad really.  There have been incidents of dogs setting off shotguns when the hunters put them in the bed/cab of pickup trucks and the dogs paws got into the trigger guard. Course they should have been on safe or better yet unloaded.

Strange way to go, fer sure. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    Sad way to go .
    Loose respect for equipment & guns .... bad things can & will happen .
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Accomplishments are cool and all, but years from now folks won't remember his business dealings, or his 3000 acres... 

But, they WILL remember the guy that was run over by his dog. 

Food for thought...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Tractors have been made 'convenient for the inept' that can't use a clutch and a stick shift or multiple stick shifts of the older ones. You can drive most of them now like a car,
    Like Rambo here trimming the hedges!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5362425/Dog-called-Rambo-shows-amazing-tractor-driving-skills.html
    :D

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,150 Senior Member
    Accomplishments are cool and all, but years from now folks won't remember his business dealings, or his 3000 acres... 

Food for thought...
    Reminds me of the Scotsman joke...
    "But do they call me MacGregor the bridge builder?  Noooooo...."

"But get caught **** one sheep...."
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited November 2018 #10
    "Ever hear of Lupe Velez?"

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    I’ve heard it as Bob The Bridge Builder. 
    And he got caught performing an act...
    Build a thousand bridges... Do they call me Bob the bridge builder? No!  But (perform an act) on ONE little "rooster", I'm labeled for life...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,150 Senior Member

Food for thought...

wow... [email protected] is blocked?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member

Food for thought...

I wonder what else we can come up with.  I turn the petcock to drain my catch can.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    bullsi1911 said:
    Just use Boppin' or "putting from the rough." :D

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I'm sure a thorough investigation will ensue, and the fine British police will find SOME reason to charge the dog, the deceased, his son, and possibly other relatives as well.  They'll be found guilty of at least one of the following:

• not having a tractor loicense
    • dog loicense
    • rock wall building loicense
    • Not engaging the parking brake
    • Owning a dangerous tractor at all
    • Owning a dangerous breed of animal
    • Probably find some dull knives SOMEwhere, in the kitchen, perhaps
    • Environmental crimes, spillage of hazardous biological liquids under the tractor tires
    • Possibly some hate crimes in there somewhere. Those names sound VERY English with no middle eastern connections at all

Equipment and land confiscated, broken up into parcels for cheap immigration housing.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    Things happen; neighbors dog almost shot a guy with a 742 in .308.

She missed by a foot and a half.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    NN said:
    Things happen; neighbors dog almost shot a guy with a 742 in .308.

She missed by a foot and a half.
    Good thing the 🐕 didn't have time to site in the rifle.