Home Main Category Clubhouse

Dick's Sporting Goods losing money.

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,419 Senior Member
It appears Dick's Sporting Goods' decision to limit gun sales to those 21 or older and eliminate AR style rifles has cost them money!  Now they are looking at discontinuing hunting gear!  Getting what they deserve IMHO! 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/dicks-sporting-goods-mulls-dropping-hunting-gear/ar-BBQdrUy?ocid=spartandhp

Replies

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,109 Senior Member
    Principles cost money....................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I think we should just discontinue Dicks!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    I learned everything I needed to know about dick's a long time ago. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,708 Senior Member
    They are expensive place to shop anyway!
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    Good. Corporate "Virtue Signalling" has consequences.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    I phoned in and cancelled my B.A.S.S. membership because DSG was the sponsor for the Classic.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Do they sell stuff there???
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    timc said:
    Well hang on a minute. I still want to get parts and service for mine...
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,109 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Buffco said:
    timc said:
    Well hang on a minute. I still want to get parts and service for mine...
    I’ll send you mine. Ain’t using it anyway. May have to wire brush the rust off. 
    CLR
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    I am glad they are losing money. I may not be an MBA, but if I was in the business of selling sporting goods and decided that I am going to stop selling sporting goods to make some sort of statement, it would be a dumb ass move... but what do I know?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    I am glad they are losing money. I may not be an MBA, but if I was in the business of selling sporting goods and decided that I am going to stop selling sporting goods to make some sort of statement, it would be a dumb ass move... but what do I know?
    Well.... you're not a dick.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #13
    You don’t work for Dicks. 

Which is good news on many levels. 

😉
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    The Field and Stream by me is slowly starting to look busier compared to right after the announcement in February, but the lot always looks emptier than before the announcement.  The only reason I went there before was the convenience.  Prices were higher, but not enough higher to make me want to go to Cabelas or Bass Pro as they are a further drive.  Now I just go to Cabelas or Bass Pro if I need something now or want to look at an item before deciding if I want to purchase it.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Read an article that Dick's is getting out of the firearms and hunting stuff entirely. That will leave them with the golf stuff and soccer, baseball, and softball stuff. Their selection of fishing stuff is lame and overpriced, so I expect that will be the next to go. They sure are living up to their name!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    I don't know how they can stay in business, unless they launder money for the mob!! The one I was in was like a ghost town and the prices I looked at where stupid high!!