Oakland University to fight shooters with hockey pucks

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,978 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,347 Senior Member
    It beats hiding under a table.

Not as satisfying as double tapping a potential mass shooter through the face though...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,657 Senior Member
    It beats hiding under a table.

Not as satisfying as double tapping a potential mass shooter through the face though...
    I agree on both counts.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,948 Senior Member
    Baseball bats and bear spray, locked in a box for only special occasions.
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,231 Senior Member
    If only Jimmy had one at the Red Fox parking lot.🎲
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    Mass shooters do their thing because they know everyone is going to hide under tables and desks and not resist. Hockey pucks, rocks, canned corn... I have seen all of those mocked as last resort weapons. The fact is, mass shooters are going to think twice and may decide against mass slaughter if they know their fate may be having their head bashed in with lima beans. I am glad to see people are starting to understand that fighting back is the only way to stop an attack.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,948 Senior Member
    Flight 93!
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    I agree that something is better than nothing and that fighting back is the single best option BUT...the whole "Oh my God! ANYTHING but a firearm!" thing is idiocy....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker said:
    I agree that something is better than nothing and that fighting back is the single best option BUT...the whole "Oh my God! ANYTHING but a firearm!" thing is idiocy....
    While the wolves and sheepdogs will still have guns, it is good to know that the sheep are at least looking at hockey pucks.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,657 Senior Member
    While the wolves and sheepdogs will still have guns, it is good to know that the sheep are at least looking at hockey pucks.
    Well said
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Last year, the drill at my kids' school was to hide. This year, they have this...

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,661 Senior Member
    Tools are everywhere.  Attitude, skill and a plan are the best weapons- I’m about to board a plane. Would I rather have a gun instead of an 1100 lumen eyeball melting flashlight and improvised impact weapons like a laptop power brick?

hell yes.  But wil I use these if needed?  Oh, hell yes.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    This is why I was not outraged when one school adopted the five gallon bucket of rocks. I knew that sooner or later, liberals would recommend bombarding them with marshmallows. This is simply the second iteration of that process, I think.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,999 Senior Member
    Jasonfjpg Not skeered!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,347 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Exactly my point.  I'm glad that the powers that be are FINALLY realizing that teaching kids to make like Chicken Little and hide isn't helping one iota... this is a good thing.  Hockey pucks is a step in the right direction.  Kudos to them. Now if they would just admit that the cliche of a "good guy with a gun" is more than just a tagline, that it is also fact, not just wishful thinking. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Exactly my point.  I'm glad that the powers that be are FINALLY realizing that teaching kids to make like Chicken Little and hide isn't helping one iota... this is a good thing.  Hockey pucks is a step in the right direction.  Kudos to them. Now if they would just admit that the cliche of a "good guy with a gun" is more than just a tagline, that it is also fact, not just wishful thinking. 
    They never will as they would need to admit that guns are not bad
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5