Home Main Category General Firearms

Bausch & Lomb 3000 scope

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
Gun club had a flea market and I picked up this B&L 5-15 x 50 Elite 3000 as a spare for the grandsons.  $100 

Replies

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    It was a must buy price!  Putting it on the Savage .308 and taking that existing scope and putting it on the AR.  Or I could the 3-9 x 40 on the Henry 30-30. Choices!!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I have one of their scopes on my Rem 700 in .223, good scopes.

That line was picked of by another company and called their Elite series. It may have been Bushnell?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #4
    Back in the 1960s the Bausch and Lomb was the top scope to have. Leupold and Redfield too were good. Weaver and Bushnell were the cheapest in price but they were very popular. All five of these scopes were great in their time.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    Back in the 1960s the Bausch and Lomb was the top scope to have. Leupold and Redfield too were good. Weaver and Bushnell were the cheapest in price but they were very popular. All five of these scopes were great in their time.
    I had one i bought in 60 or 61 i think it was called the Balvar 6, it had a tapered cross hair that was etched on the glass and no adjustments, it fit in a spring loaded base mount and if memory servers me right the front of the mount was the elevation and the rear was for windage.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,381 Senior Member
    When I was a young lad in Rochester, my Grandmother assembled those scope. Wish I knew then what I know now.  Back when Ray-Bans were made there, everyone in the family wore their sunglasses.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,934 Senior Member
    Excellent scopes.   I had one on my 300 WSM, and it was a perfect fit.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain