Home Main Category General Firearms

Replies

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,543 Senior Member
    It just looks like an awkward gun to shoot.  Maybe if it was a left handed receiver I might think otherwise.  Be interesting to see how it shoots offhand.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,304 Senior Member
    I've never shot a rifle caliber pistol. As someone that has struggled with transporting and carrying guns and gear the speed and ease of handguns is much appreciated. That one looks modular and versatile.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,945 Senior Member
    Guess they’ve never heard of a rear bag. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,824 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #5
    I thought you were referring to the perp in the shootout video that was in the middle of my page from the link.... :D
    Reviews like this are what you get when one strays from their skill set. 

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,602 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:
    It just looks like an awkward gun to shoot.  Maybe if it was a left handed receiver I might think otherwise.  Be interesting to see how it shoots offhand.
    It could have been put together more thoughtfully for a right hand shooter.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,658 Senior Member
    Since he's shooting at steel at "normal" handgun type ranges, not  that hard to hit
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

edited December 2018 #10
    knitepoet said:
    Since he's shooting at steel at "normal" handgun type ranges, not  that hard to hit
    True.  Guessing the steel was at 50 yards?  
    There was a paper target behind that to the left ...Guessing at 100 yards? 
    I can ring steel at more than twice that distance with my revolvers easily off of the bench.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    mitdr774 said:
    Yet everyone seems to love and praise the XP-100. A right bolt Specialty Pistol. 

Seems hypocritical of the right bolt nay sayers. 
    knitepoet said:
    The whole shenanigan was obviously done by one or many who lacked experience and knowledge regarding specialty pistols. 
    Zee said:
    mitdr774 said:
    Yet everyone seems to love and praise the XP-100. A right bolt Specialty Pistol. 

I love the right bolt/right port XP....I am a lefty!
    IF, I was building a SP for the general public, I would start with the left/bolt/left port. 
    I would intentionally appeal to the masses first, and make a marketing point of it as well.
    Remington makes LH actions, so yes, they should have been more thoughtful. 
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Being right handed, a left hand bolt on a bolt action pistol makes more sense to me.  The XP 100 always baffled me as to why they started with a right handed action and not a left handed.  Maybe the guy that designed it was left handed and figured he would make all the right handed people pay for everything else always being right handed biased?
    mitdr774 said:
    Being right handed, a left hand bolt on a bolt action pistol makes more sense to me.  The XP 100 always baffled me as to why they started with a right handed action and not a left handed.  Maybe the guy that designed it was left handed and figured he would make all the right handed people pay for everything else always being right handed biased?
    You may be onto something. I've heard somewhere, that Sam Colt was a lefty and that's why the loading gate was put on the right side of the SAA
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

If I could find a centergrip stock for a short LH700 action, the idea of building one isn't an objectionable idea

edited December 2018 #17
    It’s not a rapid fire platform. The bitching doesn’t strike me as much more than that. Bitching. 

I run a few right bolt specialty pistols. Hasn’t kept me from functioning the gun. 

Would it be a nicity? I guess so.  Recommendation?  Sure. A Bitch?  No. 

Find something more important like, barrel length to lose sleep over. 
    edited December 2018 #18
    I may yet get one. Depending on the street price. 

Add a suppressor, some night vision, and a KAK Pistol Brace...........

Many pigs could die with such a tool. 
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,216 Senior Member
    Didnt Savage, or perhaps Marlin offer a bolt action pistol a few years back??

Seems like it was a left bolt / left port setup. 

Why wouldn't a manufacturer do that, isnt it just a left hand action in a pistol configuration ? 
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    mitdr774 said:

Tis why I like my Lone Eagle pistols. No bolt! Rotating breech that can be operated by either hand.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Zee said:
    mitdr774 said:

Tis why I like my Lone Eagle pistols. No bolt! Rotating breech that can be operated by either hand.
    You own one of those??? That’s been a major want of mine for quite some time. Many considered it a flop but I thought the idea was pretty slick. They even did a feature on those in Forgotten Weapons.
    I guess another reason I don’t lose sleep over the right bolt is I can shoot left handed as well. So really, it doesn’t matter much. 

Wish I could find the barrel twist for the .308 Winchester version. 

That could be a deal breaker for me. 
    Called Remington. The .308 Win has a 1-10” Twist in the barrel. 

The tech had no idea about the threads on the back of the chassis and whether it would accept a brace. 

Hell, he didn’t even know about the gun. I had to tell him how I found it on his site. 

Doesnt know a release date either. 
    Remington seems to like to pick one twist rate for a given bore and then use it for everything they chamber in that bore diameter.  One exception I have noticed is that the .300 BO seems to have a faster twist than the .308 and .30-06 rifles I have had my hands on.
    I’m glad they finally adopted the 10” Twist for the .308 Winchester. They are finally learning.